With several hundred exhibitors at ATE 212 in Perth recently and my spending days and days wondering around this amazing trade show, which I reckon is without question the best in the world, I interviewed dozens of Australia’s top operators, but I thought I would let you have my personal choice of my favourite five exhibitors……and you can join me meeting with them this week right here on Global Travel Media, by clicking on each of the various articles as they appear during the week.
I am sure you are wondering who they are and so you do not have to wait any longer, here you go and remember to look for these articles this week!
In no particular order, the John Alwyn-Jones and Global Travel Media five favourite exhibitors at ATE 20102 are: -
- Heading Bush – an amazing experiential tour operator based in Adelaide and covering the outback of S Australia……and more led by Saltbush Mick;
- Christmas Island – one of Australia’s hidden and undiscovered eco, environmental, diving, fishing and more treasures……..marketed in Australia by Linda Cash;
- Cocos Keeling Islands – Australia’s Indian Ocean tropical atoll paradise, azure blue and aquamarine waters, turtles, dolphins and more, undiscovered and idyllic……with Jules Bush at the tourism helm;
- Westfield Sydney – a retailer that has realised the value and potential of tourism to their business……..go Westfield and meet their Donna Meredith;
- Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia – at last we will see indigenous people and especially young indigenous people, working in hospitality in Australia……..meet Koos Klein the CEO; and finally but by no means last or least;
- Orion Expedition Cruises – the leading Australia owned and based expedition cruise operator, providing not only adventure and experiences, but also luxury……meet Darrin Bennett, Expedition Cruises Leader with Orion Expedition Cruises.
John Alwyn-Jones reporting for Global Travel Media TV from Australian Tourism Exchange 2012.