With the end of the financial year, TravelManagers Chief Operating Office Grant Campbell reflects on 2015 as a year the company focused on developing and supporting its people.
“From experience we know by supporting and investing in our people, increased sales and business success will naturally follow and our 2015 results show our philosophy is right.”
TravelManagers, Australia’s leading mobile home-based personal travel manager agency, achieved significant sales growth in 2015.
“We celebrated our 200th personal travel manager in the Victoria and Tasmania region and with significant regional growth areas in Esperance Western Australia, Echuca Victoria, Gladstone and Cairns in Queensland, TravelManagers really dominates in the mobile home-based personal travel manager space,” says Campbell.
With technology advancement a key focus for 2015, Campbell believes TravelManagers’ reinvestment in the business is clearly a winning formula for the company.
“With our continued advanced technology focus, TravelManagers is in the enviable position of being the market leader and at the forefront, not only of home-based consulting but of providing essential support services to clients as well. Last year saw nearly 500 personal travel managers completing the implementation and transfer of their mid-office system Tramada Classic to Tramada NextGen. In addition the company invested in substantial development work to achieve productivity enhancements and cost containment through system integrations and customized reporting and billing.”
To support and assist with the technology and processes, personal travel managers were provided an abundance of localized training and support from the national partnership office.
“Over 30 local face-to-face Tramada NextGen Migration Training sessions were attended by 243 personal travel managers. This was in addition to the development of tailored training documentation and 15 training videos which ensured the personal travel managers were able to work through the new systems and upgraded processes.”
Campbell is also heartened by the growing buddy relationships between the personal travel managers, something he believes has been instrumental for achieving both TravelManagers and individual personal travel manager success.
“The increased networking amongst the personal travel manager has significantly increased with fantastic results. The sharing of experience and knowledge has increased year on year with more personal travel managers wanting to share their business insights and know-how within the network through self-led webinars, training days and collectively run expo’s events and community days.”
TravelManagers’ philosophy of giving back to the community continued to be a highlight for 2015.
Campbell says, community support is not solely limited to a national level with many thousands of dollars being raised last year in support of local charities and communities through fund raising events organised by the individual personal travel managers themselves.
“Along with our annual conference community project there have been so many examples of the incredible community support initiated from our personal travel managers. The opportunity for personal travel managers to support their local community through fundraising events helps to build loyalty within the community and also reflects the TravelManagers’ business philosophy of going the extra mile. Together we build a strong corporate citizenship and a vibrant culture that we are immensely proud of.”
Campbell is looking forward to the year ahead.
“It’s onwards and upwards for TravelManagers. 2015 was a year of change. The hard work is behind us and we can look forward to a year of consolidation with excitement and enthusiasm. The future has never looked brighter to be a personal travel manager.”
A snapshot of TravelManagers’ 2015 highlights:
Support and Professional Development:
- A fourth member joins the marketing support team expanding it by 25% to increase personal travel manager marketing support
- National partnership office developed over 75 advertising and marketing templates based on new TravelManagers branding for individual personal travel managers to use for a range of marketing activity – social media, traditional advertising, digital advertising, networking, travel expo’s events signage and community support
- TravelManagers commenced production of a range of new branded merchandise for personal travel managers including car signage with 112 personal travel managers’ cars fitted out by year end
- The unique page views for new TravelManagers consumer website increased by 51% compared to the previous year
- Facebook fans increased by nearly 50%. Average likes per post increased 154%, comments per post were up 50%, shares per post up 74% and average reach per post grew 88%.
- Strong national partnership office representation with 457 Cluster Meetings with personal travel managers and 670 one-on-one meetings between business partnership managers and personal travel managers
- More personal travel managers were offered famil places than any previous year. TravelManagers had the highest ever participation with 255 personal travel managers participating on 43 famils, seven of these being exclusive TravelManagers dedicated famils.
- 198 national webinars were run including 89 supplier webinars and four personal travel manager led webinars
Awards and Recognition:
- We congratulated personal travel manager Ric Pattaro being recognized at the 2015 National Travel Industry Awards as the “Best Corporate Consultant” for the second consecutive year
- Our personal travel manager average industry experience is 20 years
- We celebrated 102 personal travel managers reaching their fifth year anniversary making the total 170 who have achieved this milestone
- Qantas Holidays recognized five personal travel managers as Global Achievers with Kerrin Poupos being awarded Elite 500 Club status
- Malaysian Airlines acknowledged TravelManagers as one of its Top Performing Retail Travel Agents in New South Wales/ACT
- Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours announced that TravelManagers was its Highest Seller for a National Multi Location
- Sunlover Holidays recognised TravelManagers for its fourth consecutive year as being in the top three highest producing travel agency throughout Australia during its 2015/16 financial year
- Trafalgar Tours retained TravelManagers’ status of ‘Circle of Excellence’ as a Gold category member
- Great Southern Rail recognized TravelManagers as a Platinum Partner
- Oceania Cruises identified TravelManagers for Outstanding Sales Growth
- Cruiseco recognised TravelManagers as being one of their top 5 members for sales with 2015 growth exceeding 16%
For more information or to speak to someone confidentially about TravelManagers please contact Suzanne Laister on 1800 019 599.