David Flynn, editor at Australian Business Traveller, said a number of features set the card apart from the competition this year.
“GE Money’s 28 Degrees MasterCard is a long-time favourite of frequent flyers because it keeps more money in your pocket. There are no annoying foreign transaction fees on purchases, as levied by many of Australia’s major banks, and no annual fee,” he said.
Rachel Cobb, managing director of consumer at GE Money, said the Australian Business Traveller award was further recognition of GE Money’s commitment to make it easy for Australian travellers to make hassle-free purchases overseas.
“The 28 Degrees Platinum MasterCard has long been considered a ‘must have’ travelling companion. With no international transaction fees on purchases, no currency conversion fees and no annual fee, there’s no surprises for our customers when they return from their travels. We’re incredibly proud of this card and the fact that it is still a market-leading product in Australia,” she said.
The 28 Degrees Platinum MasterCard has also been named one of Australia’s top five credit cards by Mozo People’s Choice Awards 2014, and a silver medalist in the Best Fee-Free Credit Card category in the Mozo Experts Choice Awards 2014.
About GE Money 28 Degrees MasterCard
- No international transaction fees on purchases
- No currency conversion fees
- No annual fee
- Up to 55 days interest free on purchases (not cash advances), subject to terms and conditions
- Fraud protection
- Secure 24 hour online service centre
- Able to be used at over 30 million locations worldwide, over the phone, online and overseas, wherever MasterCard is accepted
- Complimentary world-wide concierge access