For three fun-filled decades, Jupiters Gold Coast has celebrated world-class entertainment, superb dining, premium accommodation and spectacular events. It’s cemented itself as a must-visit destination on the Coast, with more than 10,000 people visiting the venue every day. There’s always something new to see and do so in celebration of 30 years, we’ve compiled a list of the 30 things that must be on your Jupiters bucket list.
1. Reserve yourself a lavish Bungalow poolside and try to pick five of your most deserving friends to join you. Don’t forget the ones you didn’t invite as you take a dip in the private spa and watch the latest blockbuster on your television. Soak up the atmosphere as you eat and drink your way through the day only stopping to take a dip in the pool or upload your a-list selfie using the complimentary WiFi.
2. Bring the family together for a traditional Italian feast at Cucina Vivo. Make sure you book a table on the balcony overlooking the newly-renovated pool. Join the Chefs in the Kitchen to see the amazing two metre long wood-fired oven and meet Jupiters’ own Pizzaiolo. Order a number of dishes off the menu and celebrate the joy of sharing – just beware you may need to undo your top button once you finish your delicious meal. Oh, and try the Cioccolato Rosso Ferrari for dessert, one word…AMAZING!
3. You haven’t experienced luxury until you have spent the night at Jupiters Gold Coast. There is nothing quite like seeing a show, enjoying a meal or attending an event and then going up to your beautifully appointed room, taking in the views, lying your head down on the pillow and watching an in-house movie or indulging in some late-night room service.
4. Dine at the cutting-edge, modern Japanese restaurant Kiyomi. If you love fine cuisine then you will be in awe of the multi award-winning restaurant, with a menu carefully crafted by internationally renowned Executive Head Chef Chase Kojima.
5. Start or end your night with drinks at the Atrium Bar. This venue is a Gold Coast institution, known for its fun atmosphere, the Atrium Bar is also the perfect position for a bit of people watching.
6. There are not enough occasions to truly dress up these days but if you are lucky enough to get the chance make sure to attend an event in the Pavilion Ballroom. You will feel like Prince Charming or Cinderella, without having to rush home before midnight.
7. Book dinner at Zen and experience some of the best Chinese on the Gold Coast! Known for its culinary masterpieces, your tastebuds will travel to China savouring only the best Cantonese, Szechuan and Peking flavours. 8. Attend one of Jupiters Theatre’s most popular events, ‘Laugh Your Pants Off’ where thousands of people have already cried tears of laughter. Be entertained by the funniest people in the business – Dave Hughes, Tom Gleeson, Merrick Watts and Akmal Saleh are just some of the comedians who have performed at the bimonthly event.
9. Spoil the one you love and book yourself a night in one of Jupiters’ superbly appointed rooms to experience the ultimate in extravagance. Bask in the beautiful design and experience cutting edge technology or step out onto the balcony to take in the spectacular Gold Coast views.
10. Some of the biggest names in live entertainment have performed at Jupiters Theatre where every seat in the house is incredible. Make sure you take in a concert where the acoustics and atmosphere are guaranteed to leave you wanting more.
11. If variety is the spice of life, then the Food Fantasy Buffet is the meaning of happiness. From endless seafood to delectable desserts this restaurant will please even the fussiest family member.
12. Grab a group of mates and watch the State of Origin, Grand Final, World Cup or whatever sporting event gets your heart racing at Jupiters’ Sports Bar. There is always a special touch to make your day, so even if your team doesn’t get across the line you will walk away smiling.
13. For the ultimate in summer indulgence, team up a date with your bestie and catch up on some R&R with a day in one of Jupiters’ nine poolside Cabanas. Soak up some sunshine and share in a selection of complimentary refreshments and exclusive amenities or cool off in the property’s newly refurbished palatial pool.
14. Be James Bond for a day while you sip on a martini – shaken not stirred!
15. Take the stress out of your holidays and treat the family to Christmas lunch at Jupiters. The mouth-watering festive trimmings on offer will still give you your Christmas coma, without the washing up.
16. Countdown to next year by spending New Year’s Eve at Jupiters. There is so much on offer that your biggest problem might be to choose where to party! From family friendly festivities, to drinks and dancing, your year will be off to a great start.
17. Walk to the beach and put your toes in the sand. The stunning Kurrawa Beach, set along 52km of uninterrupted coastline, is only minutes’ walk from Jupiters.
18. With Jupiters just a short stroll from Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, if retail therapy is your ‘M.O’ then the $670 million redevelopment of the Broadbeach shopping icon is for you. Pacific Fair will soon be the largest shopping centre in Queensland so put your comfortable shoes on and shop ‘til you drop!
19. We all know holidays usually mean a few extra kilos and for most that’s all part of the fun but if you are serious about your fitness or just want to walk off some of that holiday happy, try the fully equipped Jupiters Fitness which also offers a variety of aerobic classes including Body Pump, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, Boxing, Cycle and a steam room. You can even book one-on-one personal training.
20. Relax and unwind by indulging in a massage at Jupiters’ ‘Touch Therapy’. We all need to take time out and what better way to do it.
21. Stay at Jupiters when attending an event at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre. If you haven’t done it, you have to try it, it’s so simple. Stay and play at Jupiters and when it’s time, walk across the 260 metre pedestrian bridge that connects Jupiters to the GCCEC, so easy.
22. Did you know you can catch the latest blockbuster at Jupiters? If not then it is time you call your best friend and make a date to see a film at Movie Mondays! You can have dinner at one of the restaurants before and a drink in the Atrium Bar afterwards. What better way to catch up!
23. Back a winner at the race that stops the nation this November. Don your race-day frock and polish those shoes for a fabulous 2015 Melbourne Cup Day of food, friends and fillies at Cucina Vivo! Toast to a great day with a glass of Moët & Chandon on arrival,then enjoy the ride as Cucina Vivo’s talented Chefs treat you to a superb three-course menu.
24. If Hollywood classics are your forte, then Jupiters’ Silver Screenings are for you. Showing classic films on the big screen every Thursday for just $5 (or even better, free if you’re an Absolute Rewards Member), you can relive your favourite moments with the leading ladies and legendary actors of Hollywood’s Golden Age.
25. Enjoy a cocktail or a cold beer in the J-Bar. Located right in the middle of the Casino Floor you can sit back and relax without leaving the excitement of the Casino!
26. Looking for your own special Jupiters memento? Pop down to the newly-refurbed Paradise Gifts on your way to the pool where you can find an assortment of exclusively designed apparel, sportswear, children’s wear, handmade gifts, Australia souvenirs and gourmet foods. The store also offers complimentary gift wrapping on all gifts purchased in store.
27. Every Tuesday night you can experience incredible free live music in the Atrium Bar – the best mid-week gathering on the Gold Coast! Check out the line-up on the website.
28. Pull up a chair and reflect on the week that’s been at Kiyomi’s Bar. With Top 100 Bartender and head mixologist Tom Angel behind the bar, the local watering hole is the place to be seen for after-work drinks on a Friday.
29. Book your next event at Jupiters in the award-winning Convention Pavilion. The events team will be with you every step of the way and specialise in adding those special touches that will make your Wedding, Christmas Party or Convention truly spectacular.
30. Grab a bite to eat at Jupiters’ cafeteria-style eatery right on the Casino floor. Open 11am until 5.30am daily, Bite’s the answer to your midnight munchies prayers.