Taking place every 15th day of the eight month in the Chinese lunar calendar, the Mid-Autumn Festival is part of Chinese cultural heritage, widely celebrated in China and beyond. Also known as the Moon Festival, it celebrates three fundamental concepts that are closely tied to one another: gathering for harvesting crops, thanksgiving for harmonious unions, and praying for a good fortune. Nowadays, people celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival with an outdoor reunion among friends and relatives eating mooncakes while watching the moon, a symbol of harmony and unity.
Indulge in a mooncake under the moonlight as Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai offers a uniquely designed mooncake gift box for this season with six pieces for CNY 268 per box. Four Seasons also offers the following savings for those who place their orders early or order in quantity (savings may be combined):
- 15 percent savings when purchased between July 27 and August 16, 2015
- 10 percent savings when purchased between August 17 and September 6, 2015
- 10 percent savings when purchasing 100–249 boxes
- 15 percent savings when purchasing 250–499 boxes
- 20 percent savings when purchasing 500 boxes and above
Orders may be placed at the 1st Floor Mooncake Counter at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at 500 Weihai Road, by calling tel: +86(21) 6287 – 0980 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.