River Oaks District, a curated collection of luxury and world class retail, dining and entertainment amenities set in a sophisticated open-air environment, invites Houstonians and visitors alike to indulge at The District’s array of restaurants.“Whether you’re a foodie, happy hour enthusiast, wine connoisseur, celebrating a special occasion or traveling to Houston for work or play, look no farther than River Oaks District,” shared Jennifer Rivera, marketing manager at The District. “We have exciting dishes, craft cocktails and beautiful outdoor patios at every restaurant unlike anything else in the city, designed to create a special meal with friends and family.”
EXPERIENCE HOUSTON’S NEWEST CULINARY DESTINATION
• Amorino Gelato, an international boutique featuring a signature selection of irresistible and organic gelato, frappe, sweet treats and hot drinks.
• Hopdoddy, known for its highly-acclaimed burgers, locally sourced ingredients and craft beers. The company’s River Oaks District location serves cult favorites from the Austin-founded restaurant, including Classic and Ahi Tuna burgers, alongside a full menu of salads, shakes, cocktails and wine.
• Reminiscent of another time and place, Le Colonial is an upscale French-Vietnamese restaurant that vividly recaptures the beauty, romance and spirit of French Colonial Southeast Asia in the 1920’s. The restaurant at River Oaks District features a 100-seat dining room with steel French doors leading out to al fresco dining and cocktails. Clients can also enjoy sipping hand-crafted cocktails in comfortable lounge chairs and couches in the seductive bar and lounge overlooking the District.
• The name says it all with Steak 48, a luxury, two-story steakhouse at River Oaks District. A concept from brothers Jeffrey and Michael Mastro, the menu features prime steaks, raw dishes, seafood, creative cocktails and wine. Additionally, the restaurant features a raw bar and inventive dishes to set the steakhouse apart such as ahi poke and burrata with stone fruit.
• By combining hospitality and farm-to-table cooking, Taverna reflects authentic Italian flavors in a rustic and welcoming interior. In Italy, a taverna is a special place where customers become friends and family, and the River Oaks District restaurant is just that – a truly Italian experience without having to leave Houston. The menu features seasonal ingredients and surprising entrees, from pan seared sea bass to delicate pasta and fabulous risotto.
• Toulouse Café and Bar transports diners to a Parisian Café located in River Oaks District, where friends convene and it is likely to strike up conversations with neighboring tables. The atmosphere, both sophisticated and contagiously inviting, offers imaginative and seasonal menus, including mouth-watering specialties a la Française, delicious desserts made from scratch and an extensive wine list. Visitors can enjoy the tastes of France for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Friday, with brunch options on Saturday and Sunday.
• The Tuck Room, an intimate gastro lounge featuring skillfully crafted cocktails and soulful social plates, located inside iPic Theaters.
Premiering soon is SumoMaya Mexican-Asian Kitchen, serving a fusion of tapas-style small plates that incorporate the big, bold flavors of Latin America and the Far East in a vibrant setting.
Many of the restaurants also provide romantic private dining for two or festive group dining, customized experiences, and events for visitors and MICE groups.
RIVER OAKS DISTRICT VISITOR SERVICES
Out of area visitors to River Oaks District are eligible to receive a Global Access Card, which entitles the visitor to special offers, amenities and experiences offered by participating retailers and restaurants. Luxe experiences include complimentary champagne, hotel package delivery, hotel room fittings, alterations, beauty consultations and personal stylist sessions. In addition, for same day purchases over $500, visitors receive two complimentary tickets to The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
River Oaks District boasts a full-time dedicated concierge team that can provide every perk to elevate your experience, from making reservations and arranging car service to delivering packages to hotels and more?. They can be emailed online via the River Oaks District website or reached at 713-904-1310.
To view a complete listing of all shops, dining and entertainment, visit riveroaksdistrict.com. The site features a complete listing of store and restaurant information, in addition to a schedule of upcoming events. Followers can also keep up with the latest news and announcements via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.