A tribal Christmas in Papua New Guinea and rocking music-themed short breaks are among the highlights of P&O Cruises’ new five-ship program which offers Australian holidaymakers the largest range of cruise itineraries and destinations in the region.
With 191 departures and 38 unique itineraries being offered across the cruise line’s five-ship fleet between October 2016 and July 2017, the program continues P&O Cruises’ evolution of modern Australian cruising.
The addition of Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden sees a plethora of new itinerary options for Australians including two year-round ships in Brisbane, a bumper season from Melbourne, long weekend breaks from Adelaide, more Papua New Guinea and Pacific explorations and expanded regional cruises.
With short breaks in hot demand, P&O Cruises is offering 84 Sea Breaks from new music-themed itineraries to the first cruise from Auckland to Napier for the internationally-renowned Art Deco Weekend and more regional itineraries including Melbourne’s inaugural short break to Eden on New South Wales’ Sapphire Coast.
P&O Cruises Senior Vice President Commercial Operations Sture Myrmell said a five ship fleet opened up some exciting opportunities for Australian cruisers.
“We’re taking Australian cruising to the next level with this jam-packed program. With the biggest home-ported fleet, we can offer the largest range of itineraries and destinations in the region,” Mr Myrmell said.
“We have one of the best backyards in the world and our five-ship fleet is cruising from all over the country to take our guests from Port Lincoln to Papua New Guinea. While we’re showing off the best of Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific, our guests can enjoy the latest in onboard innovations making our ships an exciting destination in their own right.”
On sale from April 22, highlights of the new program include:
- Four music-themed Sea Breaks including a three-night Blues cruise from Sydney from $549*
- A 10-night Papua New Guinea Christmas cruise on Pacific Eden from Brisbane from $1849*
- Pacific Aria’s first Sydney season featuring a new 15-night Papua New Guinea cruise calling at Alotau, Madang, Rabaul, Kiriwina Island, Kitava, Doini Island and scenic cruising in the Vitu Islands, Kawanasausau Strait and Milne Bay from $1899*
- Pacific Eden will join Pacific Dawn cruising year-round from Brisbane including her inaugural 14-night New Zealand itinerary with fares from $1599*
- Pacific Aria will offer a season of short breaks from Adelaide including three-night weekend getaways from $599* and four-night options visiting Port Lincoln or Melbourne from $649*
- A bumper Melbourne season including Pacific Jewel’s new 13-night Pacific Islands Christmas cruise from $1949* and the first four-night Sea Break to Eden from $599*
- Pacific Pearl’s Auckland season sees the first Sea Break to Napier for New Zealand’s Art Deco Weekend priced from $659*
The first 200 guests who book a new program itinerary departing from November 14, 2016, will receive special extras including priority check-in and tenders, welcome gift packs and onboard credit.
For more information visit pocruises.com.au, or see a licensed travel agent.
*Price is per person quad share. Subject to availability, conditions apply.