The Accommodation Association of Australia (AAoA) is pleased to announce that Barry Robinson; Wyndham Hotel Group and Wyndham Vacation Resorts, has been appointed to the Association’s Board of Directors.
Barry is the President and Managing Director of the Wyndham Hotel Group South East Asia and Pacific Rim, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific and is also the President of the Australian Timeshare and Holiday Ownership Council (ATHOC).
“On behalf of the Association’s Board and its members, I would like to welcome Barry Robinson to the AAoA Board,” said Richard Munro, Chief Executive of the Accommodation Association of Australia.
“With Barry’s appointment to the Board, the Association’s is closer towards its commitment to being an industry representative body that reflects the scope and diversity of Australia’s accommodation sector.
“Barry’s 30 years worth of in depth experience with the hotels, resorts and time share properties will contribute to the Board’s current representation in the hotels, motels and serviced apartment sectors.
“The Association has been very fortunate to have the support of its industry’s leaders. In June last year, we welcomed three Board Members and now we are privileged to welcome another member less than a year later.”
The Association would also like to thank outgoing Board Member Andrew Turner; Mantra Group, for his support and contributions to the AAoA Board and members.
The Accommodation Association of Australia’s Board of Directors are:
- Julian Clark; Lancemore Group, President
- Simon McGrath; Accor Hotels, Deputy President
- Bruce Copland; Independent, Treasurer
- Rachel Argaman; TFE Hotels
- Colin Hughes; Independent Owner Operator
- Ian Sandilands; Best Western Australasia
- Trent Fraser; Choice Hotels Asia-Pac
- Zed Sanjana; Quest Apartment Hotels
- Barry Robinson; Wyndham Hotel Group and Wyndham Vacation Resorts