Organized by Groupe Les Echos and Publicis, this event will bring all the players involved in digital transformation together in Paris: almost 5,000 startups from all over the world, plus 100 or so big public and private enterprises, but also investors and innovation partners will be present at this first edition in the world’s biggest coworking space. A way of connecting all the players in the world digital ecosystem, encouraging future partnerships between startups and major enterprises and accelerating the digital revolution.
AccorHotels will welcome visitors in its 500m² “Hospitality Lab”, entirely dedicated to innovation in the hospitality and travel industry. Almost 50 startups, the finalists from four challenges organized by AccorHotels for Viva Technology or already identified by the Group, will be offered the opportunity to present their know-how over the three-day period.
Digitization, personalization, feedback – travelers’ practices are changing radically. To respond to the new expectations for connected hotel services, back in 2014 AccorHotels embarked on a rapid, deep-rooted transformation of its model to consolidate its leadership over the customer experience value chain before, during and after the hotel stay. To identify new projects and test new concepts likely to enrich the customer experience, AccorHotels is also adopting an open and dynamic strategy of co-development and co-creation with startups in France and elsewhere in the world. It takes the form of commercial partnerships, pilot concepts in hotels and even acquisitions of equity stakes in some startups. To explore new horizons and seize new growth opportunities, over the last few months the Group has also acquired a number of startups:
- Wipolo, a mobile application that centralizes all your travel information
- FASTBOOKING, the AccorHotels digital factory, which helps over 4,000 independent hotels develop their direct sales
- onefinestay, pioneer in upscale hospitality specializing in rental of luxury residences including hotel services.
As the sole representative of the hospitality and tourism sector, AccorHotels will offer Viva Technology participants an immersion in the rich variety of destinations offered by the Group’s 3,900 hotels. The immersive and poly-sensory 360° platform provided by W Agency offers a unique experience. The AccorHotels Lab will be a very special haven of comfort at the heart of the event, a perfect illustration of the Group’s Feel Welcome promise.
AccorHotels at VivaTechnology
- June 30: 11.35-11.45: Keynote, Guillaume de Marcilhac, Co-CEO of Fastbooking – Bringing the digital traveler to hotels’ doorsteps (stage 2)
- June 30: 11.45-12.00: Keyvan Nilforoushan, VP Europe, OneFineStay, UK, Hospitality services: differentiate through premiumisation (stage 2)
- June 30: 16.25-16.45: round-table, Romain Roulleau, SVP e-commerce and digital services, How digital is reinventing hotel customers’ experience (stage 2)
- July 1: 12.00-12.30: round-table, Yves Lacheret, SVP Entrepreneurship advocacy, Hotels and the sharing economy: worlds apart? (stage 2)
- July 1: 16.45-17.45: panel, Sebastien Bazin, CEO, The Economy of Now– Coming to Terms with Ubernomics (main stage)
Finals of the five start-up challenges on Hospitality Lab by AccorHotels
- June 30: 11.00-12.30: HoteIInvest:“Out-of-the-box-thinking solutions for optimizing water, energy and carbon footprint”
- June 30: 14.00-15.30: Talent &Culture: “Rethink our ways of working in our hotels thanks to mobile”
- June 30: 16.00-17.00: Big Data: “Develop machine learning and automatized methodologies based on external data to optimize hotels yield management pricing strategies”
- July 1: 10.00-11.30: Customer experience: “Invent disruptive hospitality at AccorHotels -Apart from sleeping, any new guest experience becomes possible”
- July 1: 12.30-14.00h: Mobile first: “New virtual & immersive experiences for AccorHotels Properties”
Hackathon Food Tech on Hospitality Lab by AccorHotels
- July 1: 14.30-17.00 : Final of the hackathon around food tech
Share your reactions on social networks with the dedicated hashtag #AccorHotelsLab !