To celebrate International Women’s Day 2016 on 8 March, AccorHotels teams across the globe have joined together to strike a pose to show their support for women in the workplace. International Women’s Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women on a global scale. International Women’s Day is for all defenders of gender equality and as a member of the UN’s HeForShe movement, AccorHotels has committed to changing mentalities in the hospitality sector to promote women’s empowerment.
AccorHotels is one of just ten companies selected by UN Women as one of the champion corporations of the HeForShe – IMPACT 10x10x10 pilot initiative, thanks to the group’s commitment to gender parity.
AccorHotels Asia Pacific offers various platforms for women to put themselves forward and achieve their leadership ambitions.
35% women hotel managers by end 2017
As part of this initiative, AccorHotels has made the following pledges for end 2017:
- Gender parity in management and equal pay:
- 35% women hotel managers
- Commitment to reduce the pay gap between men and women at the Paris head office and in three other countries
- Sensitise and motivate male employees in favour of gender diversity, with:
- 35% male membership of internal network WAAG
- 50,000 male employees involved as #HeForShe champions