Aeromexico, Mexico’s global airline, announced the official launch of its new digital ecosystem that consists of a revamped website, mobile app, and updated airport kiosks offering customers a multi-platform experience meant to simplify the way to travel.
The airline aims to develop a personalized and connected end-to-end passenger experience at each point of contact, be it directly at the airport or through interactions on the new mobile app or website.
“The updated technology tools that we provide for our customers reflect the constant transformation and modernization plans taking place at Aeromexico,” said Chief Revenue Officer Anko Van der Werff.
Services offered by these new channels include the following:
The carrier’s website design has been updated to feature mobility with advantages centered on:
- Creating an experience inspiring personalized trips
- Improved functionality and ease of use as customers book their reservations and check in for their flights with fewer clicks
- Availability on all mobile devices, putting Aeromexico at the forefront with the latest payment technology
- Enhanced customer control of their reservations and travel as the innovative web technology provides clear and straightforward browsing options
- A minimalist and modern website inspired by Mexican designs, with new, more visually stunning imagery with vivid colors and contemporary iconography
2. Airport kiosks
The carrier’s airport kiosks now feature:
- Check-in and payment for seat selection and extra baggage as well as seat assignments and changes after check-in
- Faster service with streamlined check-in times reduced by 50% as the kiosks feature a more intuitive navigation platform
- Cutting-edge technology including a document scanner, credit card reader, and a boarding pass and bag tag printer
- User experience aligned with aeromexico.com browsing, user interface, and design features
- In the next few months, customers will be able to check their bags, request upgrades, purchase items to personalize their flight and adjust their itinerary in eight languages, among other options
The new kiosks have been installed in the Mexico City and Monterrey airports, and will soon be available in an additional nine major airports nationwide.
3. Mobile App
In the last quarter of 2016, users will be able to download the carrier’s new app with features focused on day of travel services, such as:
- Flight notifications and personalized promotions
- Access to Aeromexico’s Club Premier loyalty program accounts
- User experience aligned with aeromexico.com
- The new app features will enhance several steps in the customer’s travel experience, from check in on their mobile devices to personalized and full transportation services. The first update will include innovative check-in flows and direct links to the new website to facilitate reservations, flight tracking information, and the baggage carousel number on arrival
- Multimedia player for onboard entertainment will become available in 2017, providing access to Aeromexico streaming content with no separate app download required
Aeromexico has worked for nearly two years on this project with world-renowned commercial partners in the technology industry, with a focus on improving its service to create a unique, streamlined, and simplified travel experience from the moment customers start planning their trip to arrival at their final destination.