AIG Travel relaunched its travel assistance mobile app with new features for its global member policy holders. The app, available for both iOS and Android, is an improved version – designed using customer and broker feedback – of the travel insurer’s original travel assistance mobile app, which launched in in 2014.
“In response to increasing travel security and health risks, today’s travelers are seeking solutions that help them to feel safe and secure on the go,” said Jeff Rutledge, CEO, AIG Travel. “We are committed to the ongoing improvement of our mobile app, a convenient, and often critical, resource for international travelers, and are thrilled to continue to meet and exceed their evolving needs through product updates like these.”
Among the app’s new features, intended to simplify user experience and promote travel safety, are:
- A one-touch ‘Help’ button that is always present, connecting travelers – anytime, anywhere – directly to emergency travel assistance;
- A GPS-enabled directory of healthcare providers, allowing users to find, locate, rate and review nearby options – worldwide;
- A mobile-friendly assistance card, which can be accessed in the event the physical card is forgotten or lost; and
- Country Reports can now be bookmarked; allowing travelers to more quickly reference key information on security issues, political conditions and travel logistics.
These new elements complement the app’s existing features, including popular traveler resources, such as:
- Security Travel Alerts, which send travelers (who subscribe) notifications of any security developments that may affect their travel destination(s);
- The Medical Translation tool, which translates key medical terms and phrases into multiple languages – enabling clearer communication with medical providers;
- The Drug Brand Equivalency tool, which generates drug brand names and their equivalent names in multiple countries; and
- Security awareness training videos and knowledge tests, which equip travelers to be aware, organized and prepared for unexpected events.
To download the app, new users may visit the Apple App Store or the Android Play Store and search for AIG Travel. Existing users will need to update their app. For more information, visit www.aig.com/travel, or contact your agent, broker or AIG representative.