The Asia-Pacific Incentives & Meetings Expo (AIME) announces a series of five Up Close and Personal sessions with a range of Australia’s most exciting and influential personalities, by Saxton Speaker Bureau.
The sessions will be held in the AIME Knowledge Lounge, a specially designed area on the show floor at AIME, 21 – 22 February 2017 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.
With all sessions free to attend, Saxton Up Close and Personal gives visitors an insight into the latest trends and topics affecting the meetings and events industry. Technology trends, tips for getting ahead in competitive environments, how mindfulness contributes to success, solutions for future workplaces and guidelines for navigating business growth will all be discussed in lively and conversational sessions with an incredible line up of prominent personalities.
The inspiring individuals presenting these sessions include Ita Buttrose, Marita Cheng, Chris Riddell, Kirk Pengilly, Michael Carr-Gregg, Cosentino, Holly Ransom, Brad Seymour and Andre Eikmeier, to name just a few.
Ian Wainwright, Event Director – AIME, Reed Travel Exhibitions is thrilled to be offering this carefully curated and energising program of inspirational speakers for visitors to AIME.
“This is an absolutely amazing line up of speakers! We are delighted to be partnering with Saxton Speakers Bureau again this year, to deliver this incredible program free of charge for attendees, for our 25th anniversary of AIME.
“A major highlight of AIME 2016 was the education program and with another stellar line up of influential thought leaders, we know that 2017 will once again far exceed attendees’ expectations. Bringing topical conversations, influential leaders and trends presentations to AIME is a core mission for our team.
“As the largest international event of its kind in Australia, we are proud that AIME offers the stage for businesses to connect, perform and prosper. We look forward to welcoming over 4,500 meeting industry professionals to the leading conference city of Melbourne for two powerful days of networking, education and doing business,” concluded Mr Wainwright.
Full Up Close and Personal Program
Session 1: The Future Now | Tuesday 21 February | 11:00am
The futuristic technology we are waiting for has arrived in ways that are invisible to most people. It’s a matter of knowing what to look for. The experts in this session are at the vanguard of these exciting technologies.
- Marita Cheng is the engineering visionary who runs interactive robotics workshops and founded Robogals Global
- Dr Catherine Ball, known as the ‘Dame of Drones’, is recognised as a world pioneer in the application of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- Chris Riddell is a sought after futurist and commentator, as well as renowned strategist and global emerging trend-spotter for businesses and leaders in today’s disrupted world
- Moderator Brad Howarth is the ultimate tech authority, with decades of experience researching and writing on technology for top publications.
Session 2: Global Success In Media And Music… What’s The Link? | Tuesday 21 February | 1:15pm
Together for the first and only time, two stars will share their insider teachings, exploring links between their respective fields of media and music.
- Twice voted Australia’s most admired woman, Ita Buttrose is a legendary media editor and businesswoman
- Kirk Pengilly sold over 35 million records worldwide with INXS
- The former NBC reporter and masterful host Sara James will be guiding the conversation of how these two got to the international pinnacles of music and the media – two of the world’s most highly competitive arenas.
Session 3: Mindfulness… Why All The Hype? | Tuesday 21 February | 3:00pm
The word on everyone’s lips is mindfulness. Why is it seen as a crucial factor in achieving success?
- Michael Carr-Gregg is one of the country’s highest profile psychologists, and sits on the board of the highly regarded Smiling Mind
- Michael Bunting speaks on leadership and mindfulness at Sydney University’s award winning Exec MBA, in addition to being a highly successful business person
- Moderator Sabina Read is a well-known psychologist, media commentator and communications specialist
Mindfulness means something else entirely for the magician Cosentino – it’s the difference between suffocating in a flotation tank or rising calmly to the surface.
Session 4: The Cutting Edge Workplace | Wednesday 22 February | 11:00am
How can we prepare for tomorrow’s workplace today? What are the changing needs of team members who make up our organisations? How can we continue to engage and serve the needs of stakeholders into 2017, 2018, and beyond?
- Youth leader and millennial expert Holly Ransom
- Global HR guru Lucy Adams
- Annabelle Chauncy, the amazing young leader in the philanthropic space
- Moderating will be Margie Warrell – herself a celebrated expert in workplace dynamics and how to get a team firing.
Session 5: From Little Things Big Things Grow | Wednesday 22 February | 1:15pm
Few small businesses survive, even fewer scale. This session challenges young businesses to navigate the path of expansion and growth in a disruptive environment.
- Cyan Ta’eed co-founded Envato, which grew from an idea in her parents’ garage to a global business with 7 million members and 280 staff
- Brad Seymour built Wizard Home Loans with his business partners into the 5th largest home lender in Australia, and was instrumental in the establishment of the Yellow Brick Road Wealth Management brand
- Andre Eikmeier is co-founder and CEO of Vinomofo – one of Australia’s fastest-growing companies and a leader in innovation, disruption and culture
- Ricardo Goncalves will be moderating this most powerful panel of business influencers.
View the program: http://www.aime.com.a