Where: Arriving into Adelaide International Airport
When: Flight CX 104/105 scheduled to arrive at 0945 and depart at 1110am on Thursday 2 August 2012
When: Flight CX 104/105 scheduled to arrive at 1300pm and departs at 1420pm on Thursday 2 August 2012
· Cathay Pacific Airways has chosen Adelaide and Melbourne as some of the first cities in the world for the deployment of its A330 aircraft with three entirely new cabins.
· The aircraft features a brand new Premium Economy Class as well as a new, redesigned Business Class and Economy Class.
· New Premium Economy offers South Australians and Victorians the opportunity to travel in their own cabin and enjoy some of the perks usually only found in Business – like champagne on departure, noise-cancelling headsets, amenity kits, enhanced catering and of course more space.
· Adelaide and Melbourne are two of just a handful of cities at this stage to have the choice of Premium Economy experience, joining Sydney, London, New York, Vancouver and Mumbai, as the airline rolls out its acclaimed new services.
· Both are important markets for the airline that has a 35 years history with Melbourne and a 20 years history with Adelaide.
· Cathay Pacific has connections from Adelaide and Melbourne to Hong Kong and onto more than 160 destinations around the world.
Cathay Pacific’s Premium Economy Class
Stylish Premium Economy– offered for the first time – presents a wide range of extras both on the ground and in the air. Guests will enjoy a dedicated check-in counter, priority boarding as well as an extra luggage allowance. Once onboard guests will enjoy newly designed and deeply cushioned seats, extra leg room and a seat pitch of 38 inches – six more inches than Economy, as well as a glass of champagne or orange juice on take-off and an enhanced meal selection. With only 28 seats in the Premium Class cabin, the experience will feel just a little more private. The new seat also features a large meal table, cocktail table, footrest, a 10.6-inch personal television, an in-seat power outlet, a multi-port connector for personal devices and extra personal stowage space. Every passenger in Premium Economy will also receive an environmentally friendly amenity kit with dental kit, socks, eyeshade and earplugs for use during their journey. They will also have larger pillows and the same noise-cancelling headsets they would find in Business Class. During the flight, each passenger will also receive a personal bottle of water and additional snack choices, including more fresh fruit, an energy bar and dessert.
Cathay Pacific’s new Business Class
Boasting one of the longest and widest beds on any commercial airline, Cathay Pacific’s superb new Business Class seat is over two metres long with design features that allow for optimum privacy or openness when travelling with a companion. This is a Business Class seat whereeach aspect has been thoughtfully designed around passengers’ needs, providing a space in which to sleep, dine, work, read, watch TV or simply relax. Passengers can choose whether they want their space to feel private or open, with capacity to move the seat back for privacy or forward to converse with your travelling companion. The seat controller enables passengers to adjust their seat at the touch of a button – from upright, through the relax position and into a fully flat bed. And when it comes time for some rest, the bed extension increases its width by 6.5 inches to give extra room, enabling passengers to sleep in any position. And as a good night’s sleep really requires comfortable covers, Cathay Pacific has also introduced a new range of cosy duvets, blankets, pillows and cushions to complement the overall feel of the surroundings. Passengers also receive increased personal storage space. The side cabinet not only has room for a headset and a vanity mirror, but also for small items such as glasses and gadgets – and the cabinet door doubles as a privacy divider.
Cathay Pacific’s New Economy Class Seat
Offering added comfort and exceptional value for money, passengers travelling in the new Economy cabin will enjoy seats thatfeature a cradle mechanism designed to enhance the level of comfort in the recline position. They will also be provided more living space and personal storage. Guests will also enjoy high-resolution 9-inch touch-screen TVs, featuring Cathay Pacific’s new Studio CX entertainment system that offers more than 100 movies, 500 TV programmes, 888 CDs and 22 radio channels to all passengers on the aircraft. Additionally there is a USB outlet and an iPod/iPhone outlet that allows passengers to connect their own mobile devices so they can view their content through the larger personal screens.