Airport Lounge Development Inc. (ALD), the leading developer and operator of independent shared-use lounges in the U.S., announced today the official opening of ‘The Club at MCO’ in Orlando International Airport. ALD’s global network now includes 11 clubs, available to all travelers, regardless of airline, class of service or affinity membership. The new lounge underscores ALD’s commitment to continued expansion in the U.S. and beyond.
As airports continue to search for ways to enhance its passenger experience, and other lounges within the airport become more inclusive and difficult to access, ALD is prepared to more than double its Club network. ALD has rapidly expanded its lounge portfolio by more than 200% in the past two years, and plans for several new locations are in development for the coming year.
Whether visiting one of the many popular resort destinations or traveling for business in the booming Central Florida region, ‘The Club at MCO’ offers travelers an oasis of comfort and relaxation from the otherwise hectic and stressful airport terminal environment.
“With international traffic composing over 12.5 percent of the airport’s overall traffic, Orlando International Airport is the ideal location for our newest lounge. In addition to offering a lounge solution to all travelers, ALD also provides airport lounge services to multiple international airlines that want a lounge product, but are not in a position to operate their own lounge,” said Nancy Knipp, senior vice president of ALD. “An increasing number of airports across the U.S. are implementing ALD’s shared-use lounge product to accommodate the growing number of international airlines in need of a lounge solution, and travelers looking for an alternative to exclusive and expensive lounge products.”
‘The Club at MCO,’ located at Airside 4 near gate 91, provides a variety of services and settings tailored to the needs of all travelers, including social spaces, areas for dining or cocktails, quiet zones to relax or conduct business, a children’s zone, and a resting zone to catch a quick nap before your flight. The 8,000 square-foot lounge will be open daily from 6:00am – 9:30pm. Lounge highlights include:
- The Productivity Zone features a laptop bar, printer, and two private rooms suitable for a conference call or private work, and all of the spaces are furnished with adjacent outlets for easy access to power.
- Private restrooms with showers are ideal for travelers transiting through MCO on long layovers, or in preparation for long-haul flights.
- A children’s zone with Xbox games and TV.
- Access to a variety of amenities including complimentary snacks and beverages, high-speed Wi-Fi and bar service.
The Club at MCO’s warm taupe, green, and gold hues accented with soft grey carpeting create a warm soothing environment that naturally put a traveler’s mind at ease. Walls are clad in richly textured wall coverings, and display framed images by Orlandophotographers Laurence Taylor and Chris Casler.
“We welcome customer service amenities designed to serve our growing domestic and international passenger needs, and we are excited to partner with ALD to bring their network and experience with lounge management to serve and accommodate our airport’s growing passenger levels,” says Frank Kruppenbacher, Chairman of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
Travelers looking to experience the sanctuary and comfort of an airport lounge can visit ‘The Club at MCO,’ or any of the other 10 lounges in ALD’s global network, including the recently opened ‘Aspire, the Lounge and Spa at LHR T5’ located at London Heathrow Airport. Priority Pass, Priority Pass Select, Lounge Club and LoungeKey Members are all welcome with their existing memberships. Those without memberships can purchase day passes online or in the club for $35.
ALD has been the leading U.S. airport lounge developer since 2006, with the opening of its first lounge, ‘The Club at DFW.’ ALD’s lounge network includes:
- The Club at DFW – Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- The Club at LAS – Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, Terminals 1 and 3
- The Club at SJC – Mineta San Jose International Airport
- The Club at ATL – Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- The Club at PHX – Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- The Club at CVG – Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- The Club at SEA – Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Concourse A and South Satellite
- Aspire, the Lounge and Spa at LHR T5 – London Heathrow Airport
- The Club at MCO – Orlando International Airport, Airside 4 near Gate 91
For more information visit: http://www.theclubairportlounges.com.