Luxury travel company Abercrombie & Kent announces the release of its new brochure on hosted small group journeys.
Comprising 26 exclusive journeys, each of the tours has been specially designed to showcase a variety of destinations in a manner suited to small numbers of travellers. They include some of A&K’s signature destinations as well as some which are off the beaten track with each one presented in the style that travellers have come to expect from A&K – where every detail is taken care of, the planning is meticulous and the on-ground experience unparalleled.
Says A&K’s Managing Director, Sujata Raman, “We’ve identified amongst our guests a number of trends which have influenced the way these journeys have been designed. There is a distinct desire to explore remote and rugged destinations with a small group of travellers where the experience sometimes outweighs the luxury services available. This is pioneering travel and applies to our journeys to Mongolia, Madagascar and Central Asia.
“There’s also a keen focus on active adventure where physical exertion by day is balanced with a comfortable bed and gourmet meals by night – our walking tour in Italy is a good example of this. The other important trends which we’ve incorporated in a big way in this collection are cruises, with our four new Luxury Cruise Tours, as well as food and wine, with a good selection of culinary journeys.”
On any of these journeys, guests join a small group of likeminded travellers on an exciting adventure with hosts leading the way. Accommodation is in memorable lodgings with special gourmet experiences and insider access opportunities included.
What defines A&K’s Hosted Small Group Journeys?
- Creatively designed, well-paced journeys for intimate groups of 14 to 24 guests.
- Educational elements and local encounters.
- In-depth experiences of each destination.
- Expert local tour hosts throughout and in addition on some departures a guest escort.
- Guaranteed departures for a minimum of two guests.
- Five star well located boutique accommodation (or best available).
- Consistent room types in each hotel.
- Highest standards of service in guiding, accommodation and transportation.
- A full day of leisure always included for relaxing or exploring on your own.
- Authentic local dining experiences.
- All breakfasts and many other meals.
- Special welcome and farewell dinners including wine.
- All tipping is included (except to hosts).