The iconic West Australian city of Albany will welcome the premium cruise ship Astorfor six visits during her coming summer season based Down Under.Two of Astor’s 17 itineraries during her third season while home ported in Fremantle also include overnight stays at the iconic Great Southern city.
And her guests will be welcomes in style.
Special Albany Twilight Markets will bring the city centre alive from (4pm-8pm) to help to celebrate the ship’s extended stopovers (Saturday January 30 and March 12). The Twilight Markets will feature the best of Great Southern arts, culture, music and gourmet regional produce for Astor’s passengers and crew.
Located in the civic heart of historic Albany the event will feature:
- Local artisan stalls;
- The Great Southern Wine Producers — showcasing a selection of the region’s best wines;
- Local gourmet food including Albany’s famous freshly shucked oysters; and
- Entertainment from Albany’s award winning music scene.
Guests from Astor will be able to soak up the atmosphere of the Albany Town Square in a summer evening alfresco event where the best of the region will combine in a festival of food, wine, music and art.
And a free shuttle bus will operate to ferry Astor passengers from the Town Square to the ship at regular intervals.
Astor’s cruises to Albany proved very popular during the past couple of seasons.
The Astor itineraries departing from Fremantle that include Albany as a port o’ call over the 2015-16 summer are:
- 5 nights – depart 14 Dec 15 – Fremantle, Esperance, Albany, Fremantle
- 8 nights – depart 02 Jan 15 – Fremantle, Esperance, Albany, Bunbury, Geraldton, Fremantle
- 5 nights – depart 10 Jan 15 – Fremantle, Esperance, Albany, Fremantle
- 6 nights – depart 18 Jan 15 – Fremantle, Esperance, Albany, Bunbury, Fremantle
- 6 nights – depart 27 Jan 15 – Fremantle, Esperance, Albany (overnight), Fremantle
- 6 nights – depart 09 Mar 15 – Fremantle, Esperance, Albany (overnight), Fremantle
For information of the Albany’s tourist offering, visit www.amazingalbany.com.au
Astor’s guests will also visit the spectacular town of Esperance (just for the day though) on these amazing itineraries.
Esperance is known for its natural beauty, boasting spectacular beaches with crystal clear water and white sand, as well as the captivating Cape Le Grand National Park and the life-sized replica of Stonehenge.
For information about Esperance, visit www.visitesperance.com
Astor’s spacious cabins and suites have been popular with WA’s growing cruising population in her first two seasons and she has enjoyed a passenger satisfaction rating of 94 per cent.
Her capacity is 620 guests and she boasts facilities that include a choice of dining and bar venues, a boutique, spa, fitness centre and two pools. Meals and entertainment while on board Astor are also included.