It’s been an award winning year for leading travel agency Skilled Travel and taking out not 1 but 2 national awards at the helloworld Owners Managers Summit in Wellington was the perfect way to end a successful year.
The prestigious National Associate Retailer of the Year Award, presented at the helloworld conference, recognised the most outstandinghelloworld Associate agency nationwide that has achieved excellence in best practice, customer focus and service delivery and sales and Skilled Travel was named number 1 for 2015.
Skilled Travel was also awarded the National Expert Agency Award in Wellington. This award recognises the helloworld Associate Agency or Manager who demonstrates and supports a passion for learning through a proactive and positive attitude towards their team’s professional development. Skilled Travel was recognised in front of over 600 delegates for its exceptional commitment to professionalism and for making significant contribution to the travel and tourism industry.
Skilled Travel’s excellence has also been recognised at various other conferences this year including Qantas Holidays’ 2015 Global Achievers event in Darwin where agent Angela Kaluzyn took out National Consultant of the Year. Angela has also won the National Associate Top Sales Award at helloworld‘s Frontliners Conference for 2014 and 2015.
“We are thrilled to take home so many prestigious national awards this year. We love what we do at Skilled Travel and as proud members of thehelloworld network we are committed to delivering the best. We would like to thank our amazing clients for their incredible support and to thehelloworld network for recognising our efforts,” says Sean Skilton, Director of Skilled Travel.
Sean Skilton has shared some of his secrets to Skilled Travel’s success:
- Our clients – our clients are more than just a name on a file or a number. We consistently work to establish life long relations with each and every one of our clients and deliver the best for each and every customer experience
- Our Passion, enthusiasm and love for travel – we live our core values in everything we do. We treat our clients, our trade partners and ourselves with integrity and respect and we love what we do
- Our preferred suppliers – we focus on a few preferred partners and are disciplined. We have built exceptional relationships with a small selection of key partners and we only ever sell preferred partner product 100% of the time!
- Our consistency – We are consistent across the team in everything we do
- Our helloworld advantage – we love being part of the helloworld Associate network and benefit greatly from the incredible support, networking events and tools. Attending conferences is invaluable as a powerful networking platform and we love the opportunity to be recognised for our own success and learn from the success of others