Anantara Vacation Club, Asia’s leading luxury ownership concept for discerning travelers, is an ideal offering for families looking to create the memories of a lifetime. Anantara Vacation Club offers a variety of beautiful and conveniently-located destinations along with luxury accommodations and access to one-of-a-kind cultural experiences. Drawing from their extensive experience and insider expertise, Anantara’s expert staff has developed a guide of recommendations for families to make the most out of their vacation.
“Traveling with families creates the memories of a lifetime,” said Melanie Smith, Vice President, Club Operations for Anantara Vacation Club. “But, family travel can also be a time of uncertainty and stress. Anantara Vacation Club makes family travel easy and stress-free with thoughtful amenities and activities along with staff who are available to help plan interesting and fun cultural and recreational outings. We are happy to share the keen insights and recommendations from our staff.”
Anantara Vacation Club is a luxury shared holiday ownership concept with opportunities for five-star vacations in Asia and beyond. Anantara Vacation Club offers the certainty of luxury brand quality at multiple destinations in some of Asia’s most exotic and interesting locales.
Anantara Vacation Club is a leader in providing a luxury, family vacation experience. Each of its destinations caters to families with children as well as multiple generations. Anantara’s professional team is uniquely experienced in curating and identifying experiences, activities and recommendations for families.
A guide of top recommendations includes:
Bali – With 18 recently refurbished private pool villas along with redesigned amenities and facilities that are inspired by the island’s rich artistic, spiritual and rural traditions, Anantara Vacation Club Seminyak Bali offers families a home-away-from-home experience. Staff favorites for families include:
- Kite Flying – Take part in one of Bali’s favorite traditions across the island. Every Wednesday from 4:00 – 5:00pm, children at Anantara Vacation Club will make their own kites and test their skills at the beach.
- Bali Safari and Marine Park – A favorite for children, the park is home to more than 60 local species, including the Komodo Dragan and Orangutan.
- Spice Spoons – A great option for older children, Anantara’s Spice Spoons cooking class includes a guided tour of the local food market followed by hands-on instruction back at the resort from a master chef.
- Bike Bali – Explore Bali’s famous terraced rice fields with a customized bike tour through the Ubud countryside. Includes a stop at a Balinese temple and local school.
Bangkok – Anantara Vacation Club at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok is the perfect destination for a family vacation to Bangkok. Anantara Sathorn offers a quiet respite from the busy urban streets below, but is conveniently situated near shopping, dining and entertainment. The city is remarkably family friendly with endless events, attractions and destinations for young and old alike. Staff favorites for families include:
- Asiatique The Riverfront – A feast for the senses, Asiatique is a fantastic evening bazaar located right on the riverfront featuring more than 1,500 boutiques, dozens of restaurants and entertainment attractions.
- Snake Farm at Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute – Offers a large collection of indigenous Thai snakes, including the Cobra, King Cobra, Russell Viper, Pit Viper, Sea Snake and dozens more. The farm was created by the Red Cross Society to study poisonous snakes and develop anti-venom. The daily highlight is a live venom extraction!
- Siam Ocean World – An aquatic wonderland the size of three Olympic swimming pools, Siam Ocean World offers an educational, exhilarating and memorable experience with innovative world-class exhibits and over 30,000 curious looking creatures from various depths and aquatic regions across the globe.
Phuket – Located in northwest Phuket on the edge of Sirinath National Park adjacent to Mai Khao Beach, Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao Phuket offers 70 luxurious suites and 30 spacious pool villas along with a swim-up lagoon pool, kids club, state-of-the-art fitness centre and an assortment of restaurants and bars. Staff favorites for families include:
- Siam Niramit – A cultural theme park that is perfect for the entire family, Siam Niramit features dozens of live performances along with exhibits, restaurants, gift shops, a floating market, Thai boxing and replica Thai houses.
- Wakeboarding – Try out this fun sport in the safety of Anthem Wake Park in a freshwater lake.
- Thai Boxing – Learn Thailand’s hottest sport from Anantara’s Thai boxing coach. Perfect for energetic kids!
Insider Tips for Family Travel
- Packing – Suitcase or backpack? For tropical destinations, keep it light, but make sure to pack sunscreen. Plan ahead to rent water gear (inflatable pool toys, snorkel gear, etc.), but make sure to pack hiking boots, portable video games or tablets.
- Enjoy the Pool and the Beach – Take advantage of the nearby pool or beach as much as possible. Exploring and visiting sites is lots of fun, but remember that kids need a break from being in lines, walking and listening.
- Play as a Family – Find experiences you can enjoy together, like a cooking class, swimming or exploring a nearby area on a bicycle.
- Eat Well – It’s easy to fall off of your normal eating schedule or diet. And kids are notoriously picky eaters and may not enjoy the new tastes of a new culture. Keep simple, healthy snacks on hand for quick nibbles. Things like fresh fruits, nuts, cartons of milk, juices, and protein bars can really help stave off cravings.
- Stay Fit – Try to do something every day to get your heart pumping. Visit the fitness center, or take a walk on the beach, or a bike ride through the local countryside.
To learn more about Anantara Vaction Club’s recommendations for family travel, visit their blog.