A private cooking class with a Michelin Star chef; taking a star role in a live Portuguese seafood auction; exploring the slopes of Sicily’s Mount Etna accompanied by your own professional Volcanologist; and a private visit and dinner at the Museum of Cycladic Art in Athens – these are just a handful of the bespoke Signature Experiences that have been crafted for guests travelling on APT’s new Small Group Discoveries.
The new and beautifully procured luxury holiday collection offers a choice of seven itineraries, visiting some of Europe’s most sought after destinations.
Designed for a maximum of 20 guests, each journey offers a detailed exploration of its destination at a more leisurely pace.
Unique and authentic accommodation features on each tour, from Chateau de Fere in Reims with its own ruins in the backyard and Michelin starred restaurant; to the Villa Athena in Sicily, the only five star hotel located within the Valley of Temples; the chance to stay at a brand new luxury hotel in Santorini, the Santo Maris Oia, boasting its own private sea view veranda to capture those famous sunset views; and the Byblos Art Hotel Amista outside Verona, a 16th century villa also acting as an exhibition of contemporary art.
Guests travel in comfort aboard a luxury coach on APT’s new journeys and are accompanied by an APT Tour Director throughout. Destinations include Croatia & Montenegro, France, Great Britain, Greece, Italy, Sicily and Spain.
The seven featured itineraries are:
– 13-Day Grandeur of Brittannia, priced from $8,795 per person, twin share – Journeying from London to Edinburgh via the Cotswolds, Snowdonia National Park, York, the Lake District and Melrose, on this tour you’ll go behind the scenes to learn the secrets of Oxford University; learn how to make traditional pork pies with the experts in Ironbridge; explore the North York National Park; and pay a visit to Beatrix Potter’s 17th-century farmhouse.
– 12-Day Vive la France, priced from $9,495 per person, twin share – Trailing from the South of France to Paris, enjoy a picnic in the lavender fields, you’ll see the Camargue flamingos; learn how to cook with a Michelin Chef; visit Château de Chamirey, located in the best terrain within the Premier Crus of the appellation for a tasting and a game of petanque; dine at a Michelin star restaurant.
– 12-Day Aventuras of Spain, priced from $7,595 per person, twin share – Travel from Barcelona to Madrid, taking in Girona, Cardona, Leyre, San Sebastian, Santillana Del Mar and much more besides. You can try your hand at a seafood auction, visit Salvador Dali’s house, stay in Spanish Paradors, visit a Txoko – a Basque gastronomical society where locals come together to cook, experiment and eat – for lunch, dine at a Michelin star restaurant, and visit the Guggenheim.
– 12- Day The True Heart of Italy, priced from $8,295 per person, twin share – Explore this beautiful country from Rome, via Perugia, Tuscany, Piedmont, the Italian Lakes, and Verona. Enroute, learn how to cook local cuisine at a private Italian family home, experience your own private market in Florence, see Maserati and Ferrari collections, visit the former home of Luciano Pavarotti, dine at one of Italy’s most exclusive Michelin star restaurants and visit the World heritage-listed Coppo Cellars in the Canelli wine region to sample the world’s finest muscat.
– 7-Day Sicilian Treasures, priced from $3,995 per person, twin share – Explore this stunning island, from Palermo to Catania. Highlights include a special welcome dinner in a Sicilian family home, stay at a stunning 12th-century estate, learn about the social phenomenon known as the Mafia and explore Mount Etna with your own volcanologist.
– 12-Day Pearls of the Adriatic, priced from $7,095 per person, twin share –explore the coastlines of Montenegro and Croatia, meeting a local folklore dancing club, enjoy lunch with a war veteran who will share their experiences of the Homeland War, explore the island of Hvar by VW Beetle and enjoy dinner at a remote farm, and in Split visit the turquoise waterfalls of the Krka National Park followed by a wine tasting in the 500-year old vineyards of Bibich Winery.
– 13-Day Grecian Odyssey, priced from $10,495 per person, twin share – From Athens to Elounda, this tour offers a range of exciting highlights. You can experience an after hours visit to the Museum of Cycladic Art in Athens, sail business class on a catamaran journey to Mykonos, cook like a local at a cooking class, enjoy a BBQ sunset cruise to Santorini Volcano and in Crete, meet with a local war expert to learn about the Battle of Crete.
APT’s luxury Small Group Discoveries include accommodation; all sightseeing and entertainment; transfers and tipping; and most meals.
Air Credits of up to $1,000 per couple are available depending on the itinerary. Bookings must be made by 31 August 2016 and offers are subject to availability.
For further information about APT’s Small Group Discoveries call 1300 196 420, visit http://www.aptouring.com.au/travel-styles/land-journeys/europe or see your local travel agent.