New ships, new journeys, special events cruising, new and rebranded sightseeing, and special booking offers are just a few of the stand out features that APT believes will help travel agents to further distinguish its Europe River Cruising program from other operators in 2016.
APT’s ‘Royal Collection’ Magnificent Europe river cruises, which sail between Amsterdam and Budapest, already offer a distinct point of difference in the Australian market, featuring the three royal jewels in APT’s sightseeing crown: a journey aboard the luxurious Majestic Imperator train, a replica of the Imperial Royal train of the Hapsburgs; a private visit to Namedy Castle, including a cocktail reception and lavish royal banquet; and a private musical soiree at Vienna’s newly refurbished City Palace, featuring members of the Mozart Boys’ Choir. Lead in price for this cruise in 2016 is from $7,395* per person, twin share.
In 2016, award winning luxury travel operator APT will continue to lead the way, introducing:
– Two new state-of-the-art ships: Joining APT’s fleet of award winning river ships in 2016 are the MS AmaStella and MS AmaViola. Both Concerto class river ships, the luxury 158-passenger vessels incorporate innovative design features such as Twin Balconies (an APT exclusive) and spacious Owner’s Suite + suites that measure up to 350 sq. feet.
Guests travelling on APT’s Royal Collection cruises aboard the MS AmaStella in 2016 will also enjoy a choice of up to seven dining experiences, including the Chef’s Table Restaurant; unlimited fine wine, spirits and beer served at their discretion; a heated pool with swim-up bar; massage and beauty salon and fitness studio; and complimentary in-room Internet, Infotainment and Wi-Fi. The MS AmaStella also carries a fleet of bicycles on board.
– Exciting new journeys: As well as introducing new Bordeaux river cruising for 2016, APT has announced new rail journeys aboard the privately chartered luxury train, The Danube Express, designed to connect seamlessly with the Magnificent Europe river cruise. Guests can choose from: the Champagne Express – a 10 night journey from Budapest to Paris via Monaco, Burgundy and the Champagne region; or Jewels of Persia from Budapest to Tehran. Also new isSwitzerland by Rail, travelling on a combination of Swiss trains. APT will continue to offer its Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express itineraries.
– APT Special Events Cruising: In the coming months APT will unveil a series of new special events cruises for 2016. On offer is ‘Celebration of Wine Cruises’, ‘Sydney Symphony Orchestra’ cruises, ‘Family Christmas in Europe’ cruises,‘Cycling Cruises’ and gourmet-themed cruises in France in conjunction with Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine.
– New Grand Europe itineraries: Guests will be able to combine popular itineraries, with APT offering a Douro/Bordeaux river cruise combo with its 21-day Douro, Basque Country and Bordeaux itinerary; and a 28-day Grand European land tour with Magnificent Europe covering the very best of the continent’s highlights.
– APT Signature Invitations – APT’s popular Signature Experiences will be renamed Signature Invitations from 2016 onwards. These special and often exclusive sightseeing opportunities deliver once-in-a-lifetime moments that words and pictures simply can’t describe.
New Signature Invitations for 2016 include a visit to a traditional Hungarian farm, including experiencing a daring horse show from Maygar cowboys; and the chance to visit the Schlagkamp Winery and Wine Museum in the Moselle Valley, featuring one of the world’s largest collections of viticulture tools, where guests will enjoy a private tour and tasting.
– APT Freedom of Choice™ – new additions for 2016 include the chance to visit the Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam; or in Germany, the Bonn Botanic Gardens, the Faber-Castell Old Lead Factory in Nuremberg or the Fragrance Museum in Cologne.
– New offers – APT will continue to offer a range of market leading SuperDeals for 2016, including Fly Free, Solo Traveller and Business Class deals (for peak from $4,595, and off peak from $2,995 per person including taxes of $1200 per person).
In addition, APT is introducing a new Early Payment Discount whereby guests will save $200 pp on seven night cruises and $400 pp on 14 night cruises when they book and pay 10 months prior to departure.
APT is also offering a new Travel with Friends & Save offer – guests who travel with five friends on the same date will save $400pp on cruises of 15 days or more. Both new offers are combinable with all APT SuperDeal 1 Offers, which are valid until 31 July 2015.
Commenting on the new program, APT Chief Marketing Officer Debra Fox said, “Travel agents know that an APT client is a loyal client who will book with them time and time again. That’s because as well as offering the most exceptional river cruise ships on Europe’s waterways and a truly all inclusive price structure, at APT we always go the extra mile to ensure our service levels, sightseeing and land touring programs continually exceed guests expectations. In 2016 we will continue to deliver the most outstanding product available and we look forward to another successful year working together with our travel industry partners to attract even more new and repeat clients for our Europe River Cruising.”
For further information, please contact APT on 1300 196 420, visit aptouring.com.au or see your local business development manager.