As Part of New Sheraton 2020 Initiatives, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Kicks off Richest Branded Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Promotion Ever
Beginning tomorrow, Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) members can take advantage of the richest branded SPG promotion ever, Sheraton® Free Weekends. The offer provides an all-access pass to earn and redeem free weekend nights at any participating Sheraton hotel or resort globally. This new promotion is one of many initiatives underway to boost Starwood’s largest, most global brand as part of Sheraton 2020, a sweeping plan designed to solidify Sheraton as a premier global hotel brand of choice, everywhere.
An SPG First
Available through September 30, 2015, Sheraton Free Weekends allows members of SPG, the award-winning loyalty program of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, to earn one free weekend night at any Sheraton hotel or resort for every five eligible nights with the brand. The promotion eliminates restrictions on hotel category, allowing members to redeem their free weekend nights at any participating Sheraton property in the world.
“Sheraton Free Weekends is a bold way to capture the attention of Starwood’s most loyal guests, drive business to our Sheraton hotels around the world and encourage our members to discover exciting new destinations within our vast global portfolio of hotels and resorts,” said Dave Marr, Global Brand Leader, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts and Tribute Portfolio. Starwood CEO on an interim basis, Adam Aron, said, “One of the key missions with our new Sheraton 2020 plan is to turn heads and captivate guests. This is the first of many new initiatives and programs for Sheraton that will signal a new momentum within this storied brand.”
As the richest branded SPG promotion in the history of Starwood, Sheraton Free Weekends brings the best of Sheraton to guests simply and quickly:
- SPG members can earn nights from July 9, 2015, through September 30, 2015, atspg.com/sheratonfreeweekends regardless of when they book. Members must register by September 15, 2015;
- SPG members earn Sheraton Free Weekend Awards at any of the 435+ Sheraton hotels and resorts worldwide and redeem their Sheraton Free Weekend Award at any Sheraton through December 13, 2015 with no date restrictions; subject to availability. Choose from New York, Milan, Maui, Los Cabos, Bali, London and so many more;
- The nights to earn do not need to be consecutive and the nights redeemed can be combined;
- Because Sheraton believes in long weekends, guests can earn a maximum of three free weekend nights;
- A Weekend Night is defined as Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with the exception of Sheraton hotels in the Middle East, Algeria, Israel and Langkawi, Malaysia, where it is defined as Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Where Will Your Free Sheraton Weekend Take You?
With nearly 80 years of heritage and boasting an extraordinary global footprint in 75 countries, Sheraton has more than 435 hotels offering a wide variety of escapes in enticing destintations, including flagship hotels in many city centers worldwide. With over 145 resorts globally, the brand’s hard-to-rival reach gives guests the opportunity to ski the slopes ofSwitzerland, practice their putting on premier golf courses in Arizona, wander through the glittering casinos of Macao, or dive in the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area.
“SPG members are integral in our efforts to revitalize Sheraton, and we’re excited to recognize their importance with a powerful new promotion that rewards them like no other,” said Chris Holdren, Senior Vice President, Digital, Loyalty, and Partnership Marketing at Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “Sheraton Free Weekends makes it easy to earn and redeem free nights due to Sheraton’s expansive presence, providing our SPG members the chance to explore more of the world with us.”
Turning Heads, Changing Minds, and Delivering Guests
Sheraton Free Weekends is part of Sheraton 2020, the comprehensive 10-point plan revealed in June 2015 designed to put Sheraton Hotels and Resorts firmly back into the global spotlight. A nod to the plan’s clear five year vision, Sheraton 2020 also includes a new $100 million Sheraton-focused marketing campaign; the launch of the new premier tier, Sheraton Grand; continuous innovation of the Sheraton guest experience; an unwavering commitment to service excellence; the implementation of revenue and profit-driving initiatives to benefit owners and developers; and a goal of opening more than 150 new Sheraton hotels worldwide by 2020.