ATEC’s on the ground information bears out the expected figures with members anticipating further strength in growth from the North America, the UK and Greater China.
“ATECs International Market Monitor takes the pulse of our membership and the forward sentiment of their export markets, giving us a good understanding on where Australia’s international markets are now, and where they are heading,” Mr Shelley said.
“What is very clear from the results is that China is that the number one source market for many of our members, while a significant proportion of respondents showing a portion of their business comes from the US.
“Over the the next 12 months, our members are expecting North America to have the most positive forward sentiment followed by the UK and Greater China which correlates with recently released official data.”
The ATEC Market Monitor pulled together information from ATEC members across Australia in June this year.
“Along with a granular view of what is happening in Australian tourism export businesses, this data has also revealed how the various markets are booking their travel, where yield is increasing and where numbers are heading from each market.”
The ATEC Market Monitor revealed:
- The percentage of international business is highest from Greater China while North America was the most consistent across the group.
- South America and NZ numbers are remaining flat.
- Greater China is seeing a growth of 30% or more for some member businesses
- North America and Greater China showed the highest percentage yield increase followed by India and Singapore
- North Americans, UK, French, Kiwis, Singaporeans, Malaysians and Indians are most likely to book direct.
- Greater China are heavily skewed to ITOs and the least likely to book direct.
- Direct booking method received a strong response from both Eastern and Western hemisphere.
- Of the larger established markets, North America, closely followed by Greater China and the UK showed the most positive forward sentiment from respondents.
- Japan received the least positive forward sentiments of all markets.
The ATEC Market Monitor is a quarterly snapshot of the export tourism industry helping to identify key trends and on the ground feedback from tourism businesses.