Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai’s iconic entertainment resort has been named the third most snapped hotel on Instagram in the world and most Instagrammed hotel in the Middle East. Decided through Instagram’s annual ‘Year in Review 2015’, the series of awards takes note of the most popular locations that capture the hearts and imaginations of the 15 million users of the image sharing social network.
Situated at the top of the Palm crescent in Dubai, the award winning, five star resort is a firm favourite with celebrities, sports men and women and tourists from all over the world and has been the most iconic landmark on the Dubai skyline since its opening in September 2008. With hundreds of Atlantis pictures flooding Instagram daily, the resort narrowly missed out on the top spot taken by theme park giant Universal Studios in Florida and the legendary Fontainebleau, Miami.
With selfies being the most popular choice of Instagram post, guests at Atlantis have an amazing range of backdrops including the hotel’s iconic towers and arch, the award winning Aquaventure waterpark and the shark infested waters of the Ambassador Lagoon, the largest aquarium in the Middle East and Africa.
It’s not only guests who catch the Instagram bug; celebrities who also got selfie snapping in 2015 include Kim and Khloe Kardashian who stayed in two of Atlantis, The Palm’s Signature Suites, Mark and Michelle Wright who boasted of adventures swimming with a hammerhead shark and David Beckham who enjoyed a sushi feast in Nobu. Additional popular selfie snappers at Atlantis include supermodel Jourdan Dunn, Drake, and Ram Kapoor,
With so many Instagrammable locations to choose from, Atlantis, The Palm’s official social media snapper has pulled together the top 10 celebrity inspired selfie spots in resort to gain the most number of likes on Instagram as we enter 2016:
- Taking the top selfie spot is the Atlantis arch. Strike your best supermodel pose a la Jourdan Dunn to reach the maximum in likes and shares
- Make like Drake and get up close and personal with 65,000 sharks, rays and fish that live in the Middle East and Africa’s largest aquarium, the Ambassador Lagoon. Be prepared to snap a passing hammerhead shark to make this selfie worth the dice with being dinner
- If sharks are not your selfie style, a stay in the Underwater Suite like Khloe Kardashian is the next best thing. Pose with a #stingbae for extra favourites
- No successful selfie is complete without a sealion joining in the fun. Make like World Champion Swimmer Florent Manaudou and visit Sea Lion Point for a fishy photo that will be sure to take the gold in selfie likes
- Take note from selfie expert Kim Kardashian’s Instagram and embrace the Arabic culture. Making friends with a fancy camel on the Royal Beach will get you likes but be warned; a few friends may get the hump they’re not with you to join in the fun
- With over 21 restaurants to choose from, finding your favourite dish is a culinary adventure. Be sure to grab a chef selfie in each location like David Beckham and show your followers what they’re missing out on
- The imposing Dale Chihuly sculpture in the Grand Lobby of Atlantis, The Palm boasts over 3000 hand blown glass pieces but garners even more likes on Instagram. Grab some friends like tennis duo Caroline Wozniacki and Ana Ivanovic and it makes for a beautiful background
- A spa selfie is the ultimate way to make your followers green with envy. Achieve a knock out shot like boxer and two time world champion Amir Kahn and book the Royal Suite in ShuiQi Spa complete with bubble bath and rose petals
- Join Indian Actor Ram Kapoor and snap away in the Royal Bridge Suite, it will be the sweetest shot you’ll ever take
- With so many famous faces in resort it’s hard not to get a selfie to remember. Join forces like Jackie Chan and Sonu Sood and dazzle your followers with your selfie with the stars.