The 2015 Audi Hamilton Island Race Week was launched last night at Matt Moran’s North Bondi Fish. The launch marked the tenth anniversary of the successful partnership between Hamilton Island and Audi and provided a taste of what racegoers can expect when the largest, international offshore regatta in the Southern Hemisphere kicks off in August.
Held between 15 and 22 August 2015, Audi Hamilton Island Race Week (AHIRW) is expected to attract more than 3000 visitors to the Island. As well as enjoying on-water action, spectators can enjoy an amazing array of Australia’s finest food and fashion with 10 events planned to celebrate Hamilton Island and Audi’s 10-year partnership.
On the list of celebrities attending Race Week this year are Richard Roxburgh, Matt Moran, Shannon Bennett, Kylie Kwong and Collett Dinnigan. In addition, Guillaume Brahimi, a newly-appointed Audi ambassador, will host a sumptuous French seafood bistro experience at qualia. Also expected to attract celebrities and racegoers alike is the launch of Hamilton Island’s first outdoor cinema under the stars.
Andrew Doyle, Managing Director, Audi Australia Pty Ltd, said, “I’m incredibly proud of the 10-year partnership we have forged with Hamilton Island to create one of the most anticipated events on the Australian social calendar.”
Tourism Australia’s Managing Director, John O’Sullivan, said, “Australia’s aquatic and coastal experiences are amongst our greatest assets and are a key reason why international travellers choose to visit our country to experience our unique outdoor lifestyle.
“The Great Barrier Reef, in particular, is a major drawcard internationally and with Hamilton Island being an important gateway to this iconic aquatic location, Race Week offers plenty of compelling reasons for visitors to travel here to experience yacht racing at its glamourous best.”
Glenn Bourke, Hamilton Island’s CEO, said, ““What makes AHIRW so special is there’s something for everyone. Unique experiences are what people travel to Australia – indeed travel the world – for, and this event delivers on all fronts.
“Hamilton Island’s popularity has grown significantly thanks to high-profile events and partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands,” said Mr Bourke.
Located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Hamilton Island offers a wide range of world-class facilities and over 60 activities to suit the tastes of every visitor, including its sporting and triathlon Endurance Series, the popular Australian Ballet Pas de Deux in Paradise and qualia’s Weekends of Wonderment, to name but a few.
Key events announced for the 2015 Audi Hamilton Island Race Week
- Guillaume Brahimi will host a French seafood bistro experience for Audi guests on Saturday 15 August at qualia.
- Tickets for the public are available for Sunday 16 August in qualia’s iconic Long Pavilion.
- Shannon Bennett will create a Progressive Dinner for Audi guests on Friday 21 August. The dinner will showcase Bennett’s unique “fire and heat” cooking technique, with guests moving between various spectacular island locations to experience a truly unique dining experience.
- Bennett will also cook for the much-anticipated Charles Hiedsieck Champagne lunch on Tuesday 18 August. Limited tickets are available for the public.
- Kylie Kwong will create an extraordinary 10-course dinner for Audi guests at Pebble Beach on Tuesday 18 August.
- Kwong will also bring her signature restaurant Billy Kwong to Hamilton Island for one night as she takes over Island favourite coca chu for all to enjoy. The public can make bookings directly with coca chu.
- On Sunday 16 August, Audi will host an exclusive preview of Collette Dinnigan’s upcoming retrospective exhibition ‘Collette Dinnigan – Unlaced’ before it opens at the Museum of Arts & Science (formerly the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney) later in the year.
Dinnigan will display 10 of her signature dresses, celebrating the 25th anniversary of her iconic Collette Dinnigan label.
- Guests will also get the opportunity to learn from the experts in luxury designs and clothing, Louis Vuitton, with further details to be announced soon.
Hamilton Island Outdoor Cinema
- Audi and Hamilton Island will create an Outdoor Cinema, showcasing some of the brands favourite starring roles from new release blockbusters including Avengers: Age of Ultron, Wolverine and Iron Man under the stars. Tickets are available for the public to all screenings.
Displaying the best in Audi vehicle technology
- In true Audi style, the brand will showcase its very latest vehicles on the island for guests and public to experience, including the all-new Audi Q7, ahead of its national launch in September, and the iconic Audi TT.
- Over one million dollars in premium automotive technology will transfer guests around Hamilton Island, courtesy of the company’s luxury fleet of vehicles.
The full schedule of 2015 Audi Hamilton Island Race Week activities will be announced in June.
For further information visit Audi Hamilton Island Race Week.