The search for the 2015 Avis Travel Agent Scholarship winner is now on, with this year’s prize package – valued at more than $40,000 – expanded to include 12 months’ individual membership of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Australasia and two tickets to Cruise3sixty Australasia.
Open to all Australian leisure and corporate travel agents, the industry’s most prestigious prize rewards consultants who consistently deliver outstanding customer service. This year’s winner will receive a range of educational and travel-related prizes, including:
- two return Qantas Airways Business Class tickets to New York
- six nights’ accommodation in Manhattan, seven days’ car rental from Avis and appointments with senior executives at Avis World Headquarters in New Jersey, with site visits to US travel agencies
- a scholarship to study at Southern Cross University with financial support of up to $8,000*
- 12 months’ individual membership of CLIA Australasia and two tickets to attend Cruise3sixty in Sydney**
- a Polonious Resources Personal Profile, Feedback Session and on-call personal/professional coaching for 12 months
- two tickets to the 2016 NTIA Gala Dinner in Sydney (return flights, overnight accommodation and return limousine transfers).
In addition, the winner will enjoy a one year honorary position on the Avis Travel Agents Advisory Board.
To apply, travel agents simply go to www.avisscholarship.com and register their details. Applicants then have until the close of business on 28 September 2015 to answer a selection of simple questions on their approach to customer service.
CLIA General Manager Brett Jardine says the Avis Scholarship – now in its 19th year – has never been more relevant.
“At CLIA we believe that outstanding customer service and a desire for ongoing education – two things the Avis Scholarship celebrates and rewards – are vital attributes of every successful travel agent,” says Jardine.
“Nowhere is that more true than the cruise sector, where consultants who combine excellent product knowledge and quality customer service continue to share in our extraordinary passenger growth.”
Every agent who applies for this year’s Avis Scholarship will receive a two-day weekend rental voucher from Avis, and all finalists get return flights to Sydney and accommodation on 10 November to attend the final judging session and the announcement of the 2015 winner at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.
In addition, this year’s finalists will receive a personal online behavioural profile and consultation session with a Polonious Resources business coach.
For more information on the 2015 Scholarship please visit www.avisscholarship.com.