The achievement of reaching the 20-year landmark is quite an accolade and this November the renowned, privately owned hotel group, AYANA Resort and Spa BALI, celebrates their 20th Anniversary!
Cork popping celebrations will include ‘the’ party of the last 2 decades taking place on 25th November for select media and guests, as well as a stunning 3-night package overflowing with brilliant benefits for food lovers, spa goers and relaxed action heroes.
Since opening in November 1996 the brand has been nurtured to grow with guests in mind; with an abundance of unique talking points and key milestones to celebrate, including AYANA’s TOP 20 REASONS TO STAY:
1. Togetherness makes for an unrivalled experience, and as Bali’s only fully integrated resort, AYANA and RIMBA offer guests ‘Best of Both Worlds.’ The impressive facilities, privacy and security are equally shared across the 90-hectare estate.
2. Jimbaran is often referred to as Bali’s Golden Mile and Sunset Coast, home to the island’s most exclusive resorts with the best sunset views and within convenient proximity to the traditional ambience of a Balinese fishing village. Guests of AYANA have easy access to and from the airport as well as local attractions including Jimbaran Village’s art galleries, boutiques and traditional markets. Fashionable Seminyak is only 40 minutes by car, Ubud is 1.5 hours, and the sacred Uluwatu Temple is a short 20-minute drive.
3. When it comes to accommodation, AYANA has cleverly given guests a huge choice of places to lay their head. From rooms and suites at oceanfront AYANA, to complete privacy offered at the pool villas, and the forested surroundings and family abodes available at RIMBA.
4. A visit to Bali would not be complete without the obligatory escape to a luxurious Spa. AYANA’s Thermes Marins is the largest on the island and offers the most extensive treatments. There are Thalassotherapy treatments, inspired by the healing power of seawater, as well as traditional Indonesian treatments.
5. AYANA’s Thermes Marins Spa is home to Asia’s largest Aquatonic® Pool. The pool has over 60 hydromassage jets and contains 700 million liters of water directly supplied from the underlying Indian Ocean and warmed to optimum temperatures to rebalance mineral deficiencies.
6. Stunningly located on rocks amidst the sparkling Indian Ocean, Spa on the Rocks are two awe-inspiring spa villas with panoramic views. Guests can listen to the sound of the waves and bask in a light sea breeze while enjoying their treatment.
7. AYANA and RIMBA guests enjoy full access to shared wining and dining experiences. There is a choice of over 17 restaurants and bars led by our brigade of experienced chefs from across the globe. There are 4 outstanding breakfast venues, plus a choice of traditional Balinese, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Mediterranean, Italian and steak and seafood restaurants.
8. Voted CNN’s Top 30 World’s Best Hotel Bars, Rock Bar is an iconic destination recognized for its unrivaled location, creative cocktails and flawless sunset setting. Priority Access to Rock Bar is only for in-house guests of AYANA Resort and Spa BALI, The Villas at AYANA Resort, and RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA.
9. Kampoeng Bali offers a distinctive Balinese cultural performance restaurant. Guests can experience a theatrical Kecak performance while sampling a feast of traditional cuisine. Launched at RIMBA in 2015, the venue is surrounded by lush rice paddies, and has an authentic Balinese village feel.
10. Kubu Beach is a white-sand beach with no public access. There are 197 steps down to Kubu Beach, meaning it is suitably secluded and offers a relaxing beach experience.
NEWS: To make this exceptional location even more unique, a brand new Beach Club will be opening at Kubu in 2017!
11. Launched in 2015, Cooking School is a contemporary culinary destination that specializes in providing guests with an authentic Balinese cooking experience. Accompanied by the cooking school’s culinary team, guests receive a multi-sensory introduction to the basics of Bali’s unique cuisine.
12. AYANA has 11 wedding venues; AYANA Villa, Tresna Chapel, Astina Chapel, Asmara Gazebo, Bale Kencana, Champa Garden, Kisik Jetty, Orchid, Kubu Beach and Jati. In 2014 SKY became part of the family. This amazing wedding deck floats 35 meters above the Indian Ocean.
NEWS: Both AYANA Villa and Tresna Chapel are undergoing a complete refurbishment and will reopen again in 2017
13. Between AYANA and RIMBA, there are 11 outdoor venues and 15 indoor venues for meetings and conferences. Guests can choose the room that fits their group size and requirements, and will always have a back-up venue in case of bad weather.
14. AYANA and RIMBA have multilingual staff to ensure smooth communication with guests from various countries. There are native speakers for Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Korean guests to facilitate better communication and overall experience.
15. AYANA has 11 swimming pools. There are 5 pools at AYANA and 6 at RIMBA, including one with a fabulous kid’s waterslide. All pools are available to both AYANA and RIMBA guests.
16. There are 8 romantic dinning venues, including AYANA’s picturesque private jetty, which stretches 30 meters out to sea. At the end of the pier, the happy couple enjoys soft music accompanied by the sound of the ocean as a beautifully presented four-course dinner, with three delectable lobster dishes, is served.
17. Ah Yat Abalone Seafood Restaurant is one of the largest and most popular Chinese dining venues in Bali. The success of Ah Yat Abalone is a fusion of many elements, including Ah Yah Abalone’s Chef, Cheung Kin Kau, who brings more than 20 years’ experience to his role at Ah Yat’s flagship restaurant. The 2-story venue has VIP rooms and large open dining areas catering for up to 300 people.
18. AYANA is continually receiving recognition for their commendable products and services. The resort has won a plethora of awards, and in 2016 scooped DestinAsian Magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards – Bali’s Top 5 Best Hotels, Luxury Lifestyle Awards – Luxury Hotel in Indonesia, and World Spa Awards – Indonesia’s Best Resort Spa, plus many more.
19. The magnificent sunset view from across the resort make AYANA and RIMBA a sunrise and sunset hotspot.
20. Both AYANA and RIMBA provide Kid’s Clubs equipped with mini-cinema, game room, online computer games, as well as arts, crafts and fun experiences. Grownups also have plenty of activities to keep them entertained; guests can take part in the sunrise yoga class, play a match of tennis, putt 18 holes, participate in a perfume making class or enjoy a gentle jog around the designated running track surrounded by the breathtaking views of the southern coastline.
Past developments, plus new openings to come in 2016 and 2017, contribute to establishing AYANA as one of the finest resorts in the world. At the helm of the resort is Hotel General Manager Clive Edwards, supported by his leadership team, who continue to pioneer service standards and capture top-tier travelers from across the globe.
“The secret to AYANA’s longstanding success isn’t just the assortment of great facilities and remarkably beautiful locations,” says Clive Edwards, who has been with the brand for over 7 years, “but the personalization and genuinely caring approach given to each guest’s experience.
Whether you are here on holiday, dining, attending an event or getting married, we believe it is our job to facilitate moments so powerful, so memorable, they leave a positive and lasting imprint on our guests. We also understand that we can only create such captivating occasions when our team is genuinely happy. Therefore, it is our mission to look after our people. With this belief driving our team, we look forward to another successful 20 years.”
Perched on 90-hectares of cliff-top, this exotic location delights guests with an abundance of natural beauty and a plethora of breathing space, combined with a collection of luxuriant accommodation and superb facilities including Asia’s biggest Aquatonic® seawater therapy pool, 17 restaurants and bars overseen by chef’s hand-picked from around the world, 11 wedding venues and Bali’s most iconic sunset venue – Rock Bar. Together they offer 78 private pool-villas, 572 guest rooms and suites and 11 pools, all accessible by complimentary shuttle service, together with stunning design details and unsurpassed service and amenities, including extensive spa and recreational facilities.
After the 20th Anniversary celebrations, AYANA will continue to celebrate by launching 120 new rooms at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI in December.