Boutique and destination focussed cruise line Azamara Club Cruises will make its Australian debut on Monday 28 December 2015 – making it Australia’s newest cruise line.
- The 686-guest Azamara Quest, the first Azamara ship to be deployed to the region, will arrive in Darwin at 6am and stay in the Top End capital until 10pm as part of her “Bali, Komodo & the Great Barrier Reef” sailing from Bali to Cairns.
- Guests onboard, hailing from 20 countries around the world, will have the day to explore all the region has to offer as well as be treated to their AzAmazing Evening event during their call in Darwin, with an evening at Crocosaurus Cove. Guests will meet the world’s largest captive reptile collection, including nearly 200 saltwater crocodiles. The can’t-miss moment of the night is the Cage of Death. As a handful of the ship’s brave officers drop into a protected tank, giant crocodiles — some of the largest in captivity — approach for a little nose-to-nose time. The unique event continues with a ceremonial demonstration by representatives of the Larrakia people. As the ceremony winds down, guests can hold some of the smaller reptiles that make their home at this incredible adventure centre.
- With smaller ships that are able to go to places other cruise ships can’t, Azamara Club Cruises differentiates itself – and gains loyal fans – by making destinations the star of the show. It does this by offering longer stays, more overnight calls and night touring, which gives travellers the opportunity to truly experience a destination – taking in the sights, sounds and flavours of local cultures in every port.
- While destinations are the highlight, what’s onboard also keeps guests coming back for more. Azamara Journeyand Azamara Quest guests receive exceptional and personal service and enjoy fine cuisine and boutique wines from around the world. More is included in each cruise – such as beverages, gratuities, self-service laundry, English Butler service for suite guests and shuttle transportation to city centres in ports, where available.
- Azamara Quest departs Darwin at 10pm, continuing her voyage to Cairns, with calls at Thursday Island, Cooktown and Port Douglas. The ship will then sail three local itineraries from Cairns, Sydney and Auckland until February 2016.Azamara Quest will then return to Darwin on her way back to Asia on 25 February 2016.
Timing and details:
Monday 28 December 2015
|6am||Azamara Quest arrives at Darwin|
|10pm||Azamara Quest departs|
Azamara Club Cruises Regional Vice President, Gavin Smith, is available for interview or news grabs.