Home » Hotel News » Currently Reading:

Baillies Sydney Plans Suspended

March 31, 2014 Hotel News No Comments Email Email

Luxury accommodation group Baillie Lodges has confirmed the suspension of its planned Sydney development, Baillies Sydney.

The nine-suite luxury hotel was to have been developed within heritage buildings in Sydney’s Rocks precinct and had been scheduled for completion in 2015.

Baillie Lodges Managing Director James Baillie said the development would no longer proceed in its current form due to increased construction costs and regulatory constraints.

Mr Baillie said these factors meant final costs for the hotel were forecast to be well in excess of original budgets.  As a result the development was no longer considered viable.

“We have had excellent support for this project from the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, however the complexity and costs of additional approvals required by the State Heritage Council and City of Sydney have created a considerable burden,” Mr Baillie said.

“A more streamlined process for smaller developments such as this would have been advantageous.

“Baillie Lodges is still passionate about the creation of an intimate luxury hotel for Sydney and we will continue to explore other possibilities,” he said.

Comment on this Article:







Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Platinium Partnership

ADVERTISEMENTS

Elite Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Premier Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Official Media Event Partner

ADVERTISEMENTS

Global Travel media endorses the following travel publication

ADVERTISEMENTS

GLOBAL TRAVEL MEDIA VIDEOS