Though many of us might have heard about underwater diving and scuba diving, sea walking is a relatively new term. However, over the past many years it has caught on quite rapidly and today there are hundreds or perhaps even thousands of tourists who are expressing a keen interest on various sea walking tours. There are dozens of destinations which are famous for seal walking. We will try and understand more about this new found tourist interest and find out how it compares with other waterborne activities like scuba diving and so on. We first need to have some basic idea about sea walking. Put in simple words, it is nothing but walking on the bottom of the sea.
However, the depth is not hundreds or thousands of feet. At best it could be anywhere between 15 to 20 feet underwater. The sea walkers are provided with a glass dome on their head which covers the face too. The dome is water tight and it comes with a tube which is led to the surface of the sea. Oxygen is fed through this tube to enable the sea walkers to waddle through the bottom of the sea. It certainly is a wonderful way by which one can find more about the underwater life and learn more about ocean’s flora and fauna.
A Few Facts About Sea Walking
Before going in for these sea walking tours in Bali or other such places there are a few things which you must perhaps learn and also unlearn:
- You can breathe normally with the help of oxygen that is available to your through tubes. It is a normal process and you do not need special equipment or special techniques and skills.
- Even if you are not a swimmer you can still be a part of sea walking tour.
- It also is possible for you to wear spectacles or glasses even if you are inside the special glass dome.
- The dome is designed and made from special glasses which prevents misting and fogging as your breathe in and breathe out oxygen and carbon-dioxide.
- You need not worry about your hair getting wet.
- Though it is a new sport it is not very expensive and a small trip would cost only a few hundred dollars for the whole family.
- Because it is a relatively easy sport, you can include the entire family into such expedition and make it very memorable and worth remembering.
The major difference between sea walking and scuba diving is the ease of use. To be a scuba diver you need to be a good at diving, swimming and other such skills. However, the same is not needed as far as sea walking is concerned. There are a number of resorts particularly in places like Bali which offers customers the best of sea walking expeditions and tours. You need to spend some time on the internet and you would be able to come out with a number of such destinations which offer some of the best and most amazing tours as far as sea walking is concerned. My personal recommendation is to start with bemyguest.com.sg, especially if you are traveling to Bali.