Six Flags Great America — in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment — today announced the debut of an all-new 4D interactive thrill ride, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. This game-changing thrill ride received global recognition as the 2015 Best New Product given by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. Additionally, it was named by USA Today readers as one of the Top Ten New Amusement Park Attractions of the year and was most recently awarded Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider.
In a high-stakes clash between good and evil, guests will become members of the Justice League Reserve Team, and engage in a full-sensory journey as they battle alongside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Supergirl and Cyborg against Lex Luthor and The Joker and his henchmen. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders must outsmart Lex Luthor and The Joker and save the city of Metropolis.
“This is the most innovative and multi-faceted attraction that this park has ever built,” stated Hank Salemi, park president. “The advanced technology of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis surrounds the riders throughout the course in non-stop action from start to finish.”
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis features:
- A 22,000 square foot Hall Of Justice to house this full-sensory thrill ride;
- A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters;
- A dramatic fight as the Justice League Reserve Team travels through laughing gas and flames in 10 high-intensity scenes;
- One of the first-ever virtual vertical loop, giving riders the feeling of going head over heels;
- Virtual 180° barrel roll;
- High definition 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis;
- State-of-the-art gaming elements; and
- 6-passenger vehicles that spin, turn and dip in sync with the 3D animation.
Link to photo and video assets: http://sixflagsgreatamerica.tritium.co/justice-league-battle-for-metropolis