Big Yellow Suitcase’s tour to Costa Rica in Central America is ideal for travellers interested in an authentic eco-tourism experience, staying in deluxe eco-hotel accommodation and enjoying delicious organic meals.
From August 24 – September 3, 2015, this fully-escorted 10-night tour offers endless opportunities to marvel at the beautiful scenery, lush jungles and unique wildlife in this eco-paradise. While Costa Rica may be small geographically, it is within the top 20 richest countries on Earth in terms of bio-diversity and sheer density of indigenous species.
- Small group – no more than 12 guests
- Meet and greet at San Jose Airport and group transfers
- Experienced and knowledgeable English-speaking guide for the entire tour
- 10 nights deluxe accommodation – 3 nights at Finca Rosa Blanca ranked one of the 10 best eco-hotels in the world; 3 nights at the Lost Iguana Resort, Arenal Volcano; 2 nights at Si Como No along Costa Rica’s Central Pacific coast; 1 night at the Grano de Oro Hotel in San Jose.
- 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 9 dinners
- Air conditioned transport for transfers and excursions
- Visit to Cartago and Lankester Gardens
- Visit to Poas Volcano National Park and La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Coffee tour of La Finca Rosa Blanca
- Walking tour of San Jose and the Central Market
- Tour of Arenal Hanging Bridges and Ecotermales thermal hot springs
- Safari float tour of Penas Blancas River
- Visit to Tarcoles
- Santa Juana tour
- Nature walk at Manuel Antonio National Park
- Group transfer to San Jose International Airport
- Entry fees for scheduled visits
- Tips for drivers and guides
US$6,650 per person (reductions available for twin share)
To book or for further information, contact:
Mobile: +61 (0)409 539 941 Email: email@example.com
Tom Neal Tacker
Mobile: +61 (0)416 082 601 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Yellow Suitcase is a bespoke tour company specialising in small group adventures to some of the most beautiful and interesting places in the world. The brainchild of two professional travellers, Wendy Hand and Tom Neal Tacker, the tours offer cultural immersion and authentic interactions with interesting and talented local people.
Tom Neal Tacker has been writing about travel for nearly twenty years. He owns and operates the online magazine www.nakedhungrytraveller.com.au which continues to lead him around the globe searching for unique cultural, gastronomic and historical insights.
Wendy Hand has owned and operated an events management company that has taken her around the world many times. Over the years she has nurtured a deep affection for particular places and a desire to share this experience with other avid travellers.
Both Wendy and Tom share a passion for ‘slow travel’ offering the opportunity for travellers to settle into a place, living as the locals do, getting to know a place well instead of rushing through it simply to tick off another goal on a bucket list of destinations.
For further information and/or images or to speak to Wendy Hand or Tom Neal Tacker, contact Sarah Peattie, Peattie Public Relations on (02) 9357 7775.