A number of BIG4 Holiday Parks from across the country have received top honours and acknowledgements at the various state tourism awards for demonstrating outstanding achievement and success during 2015.
BIG4 Holiday Parks CEO, Steven Wright, congratulated the parks on their respective wins.
“I couldn’t be happier for all of the BIG4 Holiday Parks award recipients who have been acknowledged for their passion and outstanding commitment to excellence,” said Mr Wright. “Many BIG4 Holiday Parks continue to shine each year, raising industry standards.
“These awards provide the opportunity to publicly recognise and showcase each state’s finest tourism operators, and BIG4 is proud that our parks are among the winners.”
The winners from the state awards are automatic finalists at the national Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, held in February 2016.
“I would particularly like to commend our Chair, Ron Cregan, for his passion to the industry, which was recognised with his ‘Outstanding contribution by an individual to the New South Wales tourism industry’ award,” said Mr Wright.
Full list of BIG4 Holiday Parks state winners:
South Australia: Caravan and Holiday Parks category*
- BIG4 Adelaide Shores Caravan Park – Gold
Northern Territory: Caravan and Holiday Parks category*
- BIG4 MacDonnell Range Holiday Park – Winner
Victoria: Caravan and Holiday Parks category*
- BIG4 Beacon Resort – Gold
- BIG4 Riverside Swan Hill – Bronze
New South Wales: Caravan and Holiday Parks category*
- BIG4 Deniliquin Holiday Park – Gold (also won Gold in 2014 for the same category)
- BIG4 Sunshine South West Rocks Holiday Park – Bronze
- BIG4 Great Lakes at Forster Tuncurry – Highly Commended
New South Wales: Outstanding Contribution by an individual to NSW
This award recognises the outstanding contribution by an individual to the New South Wales tourism industry.
- BIG4 Chairman Ron Cregan from BIG4 Nelligen Holiday Park – Winner
Queensland: Tourist and Caravan Parks category*
- BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort – Gold
Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame medal is awarded to an entrant who receives a gold medal in the same category for three consecutive years.
Western Australia: Tourist and Caravan Parks category*
- BIG4 Peppermint Park inducted into the Hall of Fame for winning Gold from 2012-2014
South Australia: Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
- BIG4 Adelaide Shores Caravan Park inducted into the Hall of Fame for winning Gold from 2013 – 2015