As the Australian ski season approaches, Boomers Travel Insurance is offering a special ski package for travellers, which includes cover of up to $1000 per person if a ski field is closed due to bad weather or avalanches.
Boomers General Manager Ian Jackson said the company’s Ski Pack recognised a growing number of middle-aged Australians were taking to the ski fields for their holidays.
Underwritten by Allianz, Boomers Travel Insurance (www.boomerstravelinsurance.com.au) launched last year and is Australia’s first dedicated online travel insurer aimed at over-50s. It was developed in response to the frustration suffered by many baby boomers and retirees who have difficulty getting insurance simply because of their age.
Mr Jackson said the Ski Pack could be sold by travel agents who would earn 10 per cent commission after registering as a Boomers partner by completing the online affiliate program application here.
“Australians are staying active longer, so skiing is definitely on the holiday list for many of our clients, which is why we offer the option of extra cover,” Mr Jackson said.
“Skiing holidays have their own little quirks – they are incredibly dependent on equipment and weather for a start, so it makes sense to offer cover which specifically addresses these areas of potential risk.”
Mr Jackson said Boomers Ski Pack was priced from $25 as an add-on to a standard Boomers Travel Insurance policy*, and was available to anyone aged up to 75 years.
Available for both domestic and international ski trips, Boomers Ski Pack includes**:
- Up to $2000 for a traveller’s own snow sport equipment including skis, snowboards and clothing
- Up to $2000 for hired snow sport equipment
- $1000 in the event of closure of fields due to bad weather or avalanches
- $1000 for piste closure resulting from factors such as lack of snow, bad weather or a power failure at a pre-booked resort
- $1000 cover for a snow sport pack, covering expenses such as pre-paid ski passes, equipment hire and tuition fees which are unusable as a result of injury or illness
- $100,000 emergency rescue cover for travellers skiing overseas.
Issued and managed by one of the world’s largest group of companies providing travel insurance, Allianz Global Assistance, Boomers Travel Insurance has no upper age limit for general policies and provides a simple online service with automatic cover for more than 30 of the most common types of pre-existing medical conditions.