Lock in your Asia travel plans now for a guaranteed opportunity to unlock some of its many cultural gateways over the very popular December and New Year period.
Deck of the Irrawaddy Explorer
Insider Journeys Managing Director and Co-Founder, Paul Hole says there is only one way to avoid disappointment over one of the year’s busiest travel booking periods, and that is to get in early.
“We see it year after year, where many travellers leave their end of year holiday plans to the last minute. The December and New Year’s period is notorious for disappointing many well intentioned travellers during this peak travel time. At Insider Journeys, we make it a point to recommend travel bookings be made mid-year to avoid disappointment from lack of availability,” says Hole.
Mr Hole says it’s a common misconception that it is only the well-trodden tourist hotspots that book out early but also the lesser known and more out of the way destinations too.
“Travel is no longer just about visiting popular landmarks. Travellers come to us seeking to gain authentic travel experiences and a broad range of real cultural insights on and off the beaten track during their travels in Asia,” says Hole.
Some of Insider Journeys’ popular Asia tours on offer over the December and New Year’s period include:
- Explore the ‘Treasures of Golden Burma’ on a 12 day cruise along the Irrawaddy River that will allow you to uncover the unique charms, friendly locals and stunning scenery of Burma in complete luxury.
The itinerary includes: Yangon, Pyay (Prome), Thayetmyo, Magwe, Salay, Bagan, Monywa, Amarapury, and Mandalay.
From $5741 (AUD)^ per person twin share
- Take the ‘China Panorama’ 15 day journey and witness the incredible panorama of China, from inspiring human feats such as the Terracotta Warriors and the Great Wall, to breathtaking natural vistas of rural scenery in Guilin and Yangshuo. The cities of China are thrilling, and the hilltribes captivating, offering fascinating insights into history and culture.
The itinerary includes: Shanghai, Guilin, Longsheng, Yangshuo, Chengdu, Giant Panda Breeding Base, Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Great Wall of China, and Beijing.
From $4890 (AUD)^^ per person twin share
- On this 15 day tour, discover the ‘Secrets of Japan’ and its many contrasts, from its sleek, modern cities to ancient towns and traditional customs. Wander through the streets of Tokyo and speed through the countryside on the bullet train. Stay at a traditional inn near Mount Fuji at Hakone and see the thriving Geisha culture in Kyoto.
The itinerary includes: Tokyo, Hakone, Kiso Valley, Takayama, Kanazawa, Hiroshima, and Kyoto.
From $8825 (AUD)^* per person twin share
- Gain ‘Vietnam Insight’ on this 11 day tour departing weekly in the month of December. Journey through its historic cities, provincial culture and glistening coastline. Be enriched by the relics and living history in Vietnam’s ancient towns of Hoi An and Hue, and be enlivened by the sparkling beauty of Halong Bay.
The itinerary includes: Hanoi, Halong Bay Overnight Cruise, Hue, Hoi An, Cu Chi Tunnels, Mekong Delta, and Saigon.
From $2790 (AUD)^^ per person based on departures 05, 12, 19 December 2015
Tip: Add a few more days to your Insider Journeys tour:
– Start your journey in Hong Kong for ‘WinterFest’, where the entire city celebrates the Christmas season and the countdown to the New Year with incredible light displays on buildings around the iconic Victoria Harbour.
– Visit ‘Ice City’ in Harbin, where this city of China is transformed into one of the world’s biggest Winter wonderlands with awe inspiring ice sculpture masterpieces for the ‘Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival’, held annually between 5 January – 5 February (some exhibits open late December and close late February).
Insider Journeys travel packages are available for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Burma, China, India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Japan, and Mongolia.