Globetrotters in Hong Kong continue to be the most frequent travelers in the Asia Pacific region, where local people tend to get the best travel deals from websites and read online reviews of dining outlets via mobile apps. MasterCard now brings you a new collection of recommended mobile apps, gadgets, and websites geared towards the savvy traveler, which can help plan memorable vacations and make life easier while on the road.
- Find an ATM – Ever find yourself in desperate need of cash but do not know your way around a remote area or a new city?MasterCard’s Global ATM Locator allows you to find ATMs country by country – just type in your location and you will know where to go. If you are on the go, you can also check through your mobile with the MasterCard ATM Hunter iPhoneor Android app which find ATMs around the world using your phone’s GPS. This means faster, safer and more convenient access to your money no matter where your travels take you – with MasterCard your money is there.
- Remember your flight details – Keeping such details in check is never easy. WorldMate lets business travelers plan, book and manage travel details such as flights, hotels, and cars combined with travel itineraries and meetings.
- Book your accommodations – Not sure where to stay? Airbnb, which started out as a couch-surfing connection site, now connects tourists with rooms for hire in homes around the world.
- Pack your luggage – Now that you’ve booked your trip, it’s time to pack your bags. Packing Pro lets users create customized lists to plan what to bring for every type of trip; lists can be synced over iCloud and shared via email. A baby-friendly version would be Baby Pack and Go.
- Get directions – No data roaming? TripAdvisor’s Offline City Guides is a free mobile city guide stored in an app – no internet connection is required, so no racking up huge data charges.
- Book a cab – Ride-flagging service Uber is available in more than 230 cities in 55 countries, including its recent launch in Hong Kong. The app accepts credit card payments and passengers receive their bills via email.
- Break the language barrier – Have Lonely Planet’s Fast Talk phrasebook app and Google Translate handy to help you break through language barriers. Also, XE.com is a free currency calculator that can be used online or with an app, perfect when you are wondering how much that cool outfit costs in your own currency.
- Sleep soundly – Trouble sleeping in a strange bed? SleepSounds HQ provides customized, soothing sounds to help you nod off. The sounds range from nature including ocean, crickets, a Himalayan stream, and deep forest showers, to household sounds like a tumbling clothes dryer, and city sounds.
If you are seeking more leisure inspiration, look no further than MasterCard Priceless Cities which brings to life some of the city’s best experiences through unique offers and privileged access, inviting MasterCard cardholders to rediscover the magic of the destination cities.
For more MasterCard travel offers, please head to http://www1.mastercard.com.hk/content/moments/hongkong/zh_hk/index.html
Happy travelling with a bundle of the best travel companions!
*Some of the apps are free, while others come at a small cost.