Sunshine Coast Destination (SCDL), Tourism Events Queensland (TEQ) and Flight Centre have launched a $500,000 national campaign designed to woo people north to the Sunshine Coast to escape the winter chill.
The Sunshine Coast campaign will be featured in 750 Flight Centre stores nationally during May, with content and product showcased extensively in The Captains Getaways brochure. The campaign will be supported by a dedicated digital campaign on the Flight Centre website, along with specific product pages and display banners.
The promotion will highlight the Sunshine Coast’s rich diversity for travellers, offering visitors everything from diving with whales and 4WD beach drives to indulgent spa and food-related travel ideas.
SCDL CEO, Simon Ambrose, said the aim of the campaign was to build on the 9.7% domestic growth in visitor numbers achieved in 2014, and attract residents looking for respite from the southern winter.
“The Sunshine Coast is offering a rich, diverse range of attractions over winter that – combined with typically mild, sunny weather – makes the destination ideal for those who want either a short-break or an extended migration away from the winter chill,” said Mr Ambrose.
“Flight Centre has extensive experience of the Sunshine Coast and with their extensive presence in both retail and online, we expect a strong response from the campaign. We also appreciate the partnership with TEQ, and the multi-media campaign forms part of an ongoing campaign to attract more visitors to Queensland for holidays and events.”
Flight Centre’s Head of Product, Advertising and Customer Experience, Darren Wright, said the timing of this campaign is ideal.
“The Sunshine Coast is easily accessible via its own airport as well as Brisbane Airport, and combined with recent reductions in fuel prices making drive holidays even more attractive, the timing of this campaign is ideal.
We believe we can attract considerable short-break vacations to the Sunshine Coast, especially as temperatures begin to drop down south.”
The latest phase of the Sunshine Coast’s Vacation Migration campaign is in market from 3 to 31 May 2015.
- *Sunshine Coast panel example of artwork
- *Image caption (l to r): Lynne Banford, (Regional Director, Tourism and Events Queensland), Oscar Poocuetos, (General Manager for Queensland, Flight Centre) and Simon Ambrose, (CEO of Sunshine Coast Destination Ltd).
*Copy of television commercial – https://youtu.be/6pzN8LHLVjY
FACTS ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
3-31 May, 2015
Partnership agreement between Sunshine Coast Destination Ltd (SCDL), Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) and Flight Centre.
$500,000 campaign including television, digital and print
Nationally through stores and digitally with television in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
- 15 and 30 second television commercials to air across all stations – Seven, Nine, Ten and SBS
- Campaign specific marketing collateral displayed in all 750 Flight Centre stores nation-wide.
- Four page Sunshine Coast feature in Flight Centre’s Captain’s Catalogue for the month of May.
- 12 page tactical insert into The Australian newspaper (Queensland only) on 9 May.
- Digital campaign with Courier Mail.
- Dedicated campaign themed landing page featured on the visitsunshinecoast.com.au website (win a holiday call to action).
- Dedicated campaign themed landing page featured on the Flight Centre website.
- Social media engagement supported by Flight Centre, TEQ and SCDL.
- Vacation Migration banners, Facebook and Twitter digital advertisements and video clips.