Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) played host to 108 delegates from across the South Pacific who travelled to Brisbane for the 63rd Association of South Pacific Airlines (ASPA) conference at QAGOMA yesterday.
In its largest ever gathering to date, 108 delegates representing a range of businesses from across the South Pacific including airlines, airports, aircraft manufacturers, aircraft leasing and insurance brokers, met to exchange information and to drive business agility for operators within the region.
This is the first time the bi-annual event has been held in Brisbane since 2009.
Andrew Brodie, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) General Manager of Airline and Retail Management, said BAC was proud of its role as an integral partner of aeronautical businesses in the South Pacific.
“BAC has been a member of ASPA for the last eight years and Brisbane Airport is an important hub for this market, being one of Australia’s most connected airports to the South Pacific region.
“Twelve per cent of the 5.1 million passengers who travel through Brisbane’s International Terminal annually connect to a Pacific Island destination, while Pacific Islanders fly to Brisbane for education, medical and sporting opportunities, as well as using Brisbane as a hub to a number of global destinations,” Mr Brodie said.
The ASPA conference provides a forum to exchange information, opinions and ideas to help solve common issues within the sector while enabling operators to remain dynamic and competitive.
The 2015 Brisbane ASPA Conference was successful in helping operators keep abreast of the latest developments and trends within the aviation sector.
Some of the key delegates who attended the conference include:
- George Faktaufon, Secretary General, ASPA
- Didier Tappero, CEO, Aircalin
- Simon Foo, CEO, Air Niugini
- Joseph Laloyer, CEO, Air Vanuatu
- Gus Kraus, General Manager Operations & Commercial Services, Solomon Airlines
- Bob East – Chairman of Tourism and Events Queensland, CEO of Mantra Group
- Andrew Brodie, General Manager of Airline and Retail Management, Brisbane Airport Corporation.
- Roel Hellemons, General Manger Strategic Planning and Development, Brisbane Airport Corporation
- Michael Home, Sales Director, Airbus Group
- Ron Ken, Boeing
- Jean Pierre Clercin, Sales Director, ATR
- Michelle Noordermeer, Business Development Manager, Auckland International Airport Limited
Bill Horrocks, CEO, Aviation Australia