The stunning Western Australian Kimberley region is on the bucket list for many and for good reason. There’s no better time to visit than during the region’s hallmark event, the Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster held in Kununurra from 13 to 22 May.
Travel packages for this year’s Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster are incredibly good value, with tickets, three nights accommodation and return flights from Perth starting from $1040. The travel packages offered at these prices close on March 24, leaving travellers just one week to book an unforgettable Kimberley trip before prices rise.
There are three, five and seven night packages that include number of iconic outback experiences such as cruising down the Ord River, a two-hour flight over the Bungle Bungles, scenic helicopter flight and a guided tour of Kununurra Town.
All packages include tickets to the Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster ‘not to be missed’ Kimberley Moon Experience concert, the region’s biggest party, staged under the stars on a full moon, and headlined this year by former Powderfinger frontman Bernard Fanning, six-time ARIA nominated Fremantle band San Cisco and country music singer-songwriter Troy Cassar-Daley.
Tickets to the Kimberley Kitchen with George Calombaris, delicious. Degustation Dinner by Fervor, delicious. Breakfast by Fervor and Melbourne International Comedy Roadshow are also offered.
Accommodation options include from the Hotel Kununurra standard room, Kununurra Lakeside Resort King Premier Room, Freshwater Apartments One Bedroom Apartment, Kununurra Country Club Resort King Room.
The Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster has been awarded the prestigious title of Australia’s Best Regional Event at the 2015 Australian Event Awards, and top honours in the 2015 WA Tourism Awards in the Regional Events category.
Starting in 2001 as a one-night dinner for local businesses, the Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster has grown to a ten-day festival that includes 30 exciting events celebrating the region’s diverse culture, produce and arts. Set against the magnificent backdrop of the Ord Valley, Lake Kununurra, spectacular fresh water gorges, national parks and stunning reserves the Muster attracts thousands of visitors into Kununurra.
The travel packages are available through Italktravel Kununurra, Virgin Holidays Australia and Broome Kimberley and start from $1,040 per person from Perth. More information on the packages available fromhttp://www.ordvalleymuster.
Activities and events that form part of the 16th edition of the Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster include:
- Argyle Diamond Mine Tour
- Argyle Diamond Dig
- Art & Culture Tour
- Carlton Hill Station Tour
- delicious. Breakfast Breakfast by Fervor
- delicious. Degustation Dinner By Fervor
- Desert River Sea – Visual Arts Leadership Program Art Exhibition Opening
- Durack Homestead Dinner hosted by George Calombaris
- 2016 Flickerfest Film Tour
- Gibb River Challenge (700km mountain bike challenge)
- Graves in the Long Grass
- History of our Pioneers Cruise & Lunch with Lake Argyle Tours & Cruises
- Horizon Power Float Parade & Moon Fair
- Kimberley Kitchen hosted by George Calombaris (presented by Kununurra Country Club Resort)
- Kimberley Moon Experience feat. Bernard Fanning, San Cisco & Troy Cassar-Daley
- Kimberley Fine Diamonds Corporate Circle (part of the Kimberley Moon Experience)
- Kununurra Markets
- Kununurra Ski Club – 35th Annual Dam to Dam
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow
- Muster Idol (local talent quest)
- Ord Valley Muster Rodeo
- Paint With Pete
- Parks for People – Unlocking Mirima
- Sponsors Cocktail Party
- Sunset in Paradise Cruise with Lake Argyle Tours & Cruises
- St John Town vs Country Rugby League
- Waringarri Corroboree Under The Stars
- Wild Walks
- 75 Years of Ord Irrigation
The State Government is a proud supporter of the event through Tourism WA’s Regional Events Program, made possible by Royalties for Regions
Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster
- 13 – 22 May 2016
- Over 30 exciting events across 10 days
- Celebration of the East Kimberley showcasing local and national talent and Ord Valley produce