Caesars Palace Launches 50th Anniversary Celebration with 50 Day Countdown that Features Historical Walking Tour and Photo Exhibit, Delicious Dining & Cocktail Specials and Surprise & Delight Moments for Guests
The 50th anniversary celebration is officially underway at the world-renowned Caesars Palace® in Las Vegas. On Friday, June 17the resort unveiled its 50 day countdown to its golden anniversary on August 5, 2016. Caesar and Cleopatra kicked off the “Summer of Caesars” festivities which included the debut of the self-guided walking tour and photo exhibit, surprise and delight moments for guests and the unveiling of specialty dining and value menus to honor the golden anniversary.
Caesars Palace Launches 50th Anniversary Celebration
Caesar and Cleopatra were joined by year-one employees and Caesars Palace executives on Friday for the official debut of a self-guided walking tour and historical photo exhibit which will be on display throughout the summer and is free and open to the public. Floor markers will help guests discover each of the photo-worthy Caesars Palace locations, including “The Five Lucky Spots” to touch for good luck.
A number of additional 50th anniversary events and promotions are planned in the coming months including:
- Independence Day Weekend Fireworks Display and Block Party: The “Summer of Caesars” will blast-off on Sunday, July 3 at 9 p.m. (based on weather) with a colossal 13½ minute fireworks display set directly above the iconic hotel’s newly reimagined Julius Tower. The Roman Plaza and Spanish Steps directly in front of Caesars Palace will also be transformed for a massive block party which will feature live music, signature cocktails, life size games, patriotic decorations, homemade BBQ specials and more from noon to midnight beginning Friday, July 1 through Sunday, July 3.
- Anniversary Weekend, Aug. 5-6: This golden weekend includes a commemorative cake and champagne toast, as well as a gala for invited guests and VIPs, #IAmCaesar Sweepstakes, special 50th Anniversary room packages, commemorative merchandise, surprise and delights and more.
- Turning 50? Celebrate with Caesars – If you are celebrating your 50th birthday in 2016, celebrate at Caesars Palace and receive a $50 food and beverage credit with your stay during the Summer of Caesars. Must be a Total Rewards® loyalty program member and additional terms and conditions apply.
- #IAmCaesar Sweepstakes – Launching in conjunction with the Summer of Caesars, enter for a chance to win a number of extravagant prizes and experiential packages. Go to caesars.com/CP50 for complete details and official rules. No purchase necessary. Must be 21+ to enter.
- Special 50th Anniversary Room Packages – Caesars Palace is offering four unique #IAmCaesar 50th Anniversary room packages available now through the end of the year. Choose from #IAmCaesar 50th Anniversary Emperor Package, Culinary Empire Package, Nightlife Package or Indulgence Package. To book, visit caesars.com/CP50.
Decadent menu offers and specialty cocktails are also available during the “Summer of Caesars” celebration, available now through August 5.
- Bacchanal Buffet: A variety of anniversary-themed desserts will be featured at the world-renowned buffet, including sparkling champagne gelee with strawberries, magical empire ambrosia trifle and more.
- Beijing Noodle No. 9: Guests can enjoy Maine lobster for $19.66 per pound from 4 to 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Also, every bottle of wine on Beijing’s menu (excluding Moet & Chandon) is 50 percent off daily from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Di Fara Pizza at Forum Food Court: For $19.66, guests can enjoy the iconic New York pizza with a combo of two slices and a beer.
- Starbucks at Forum Food Court and Laurel Collection: Frappuccinos are the icons of Starbucks, so it’s appropriate the famous coffee company has introduced a limited-edition Golden Frappuccino. Made with caramel, white mocha, whipped cream and graham cracker crumble, the Golden Frappuccino alone is reason to celebrate.
- Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill: Gordon Ramsay’s award-winning pub restaurant is offering a three-course prix-fixe menu for just $50, featuring signature dishes like Yorkshire Ale Batter Fish & Chips, Bangers & Mash and Sticky Toffee Pudding.
- Restaurant Guy Savoy: The world-renowned restaurant has curated a signature three-course prix-fixe menu for $150.
- Mesa Grill: Bobby Flay’s famed restaurant will offer a Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie at lunch for $19.66 along with other selected items. Guests can also start dinner with shrimp cocktail appetizer with a smoked chile cocktail for $19.66; before enjoying a three-course prix-fixe menu for $50.
- Montecristo Cigar Bar: This exclusive anniversary experience includes Old Homestead’s signature burger, a San Cristobal Elegancia cigar and the Rolling Smoke cocktail for $50.
- MR CHOW: For $19.66 guests can raise their glass with the 50/50 cocktail, featuring Martell XO Cognac, Thatcher Yumberry Liqueur, Yuzu Juice, Red Shiso Mint Syrup and a sprig garnish.
- Nobu Restaurant and Lounge: The acclaimed restaurant from Nobu Matsuhisa will offer a signature bento box for $50, only available at the bar.
- Old Homestead: On Monday and Thursday evenings from 5 to 7 p.m., guests can enjoy a prime rib special for $50, served with mashed potatoes and green beans almondine.
- Payard Patisserie & Bistro: Guests can order an anniversary special at the to-go counter and receive any sandwich, large soda and bag of chips for $19.66, available after 11 a.m. daily.
- Rao’s: The famous Italian restaurant has created a three-course prix-fixe menu with menu options including fried green tomato caprese, Quattro formaggi and tiramisu, all for $50.
- Serendipity 3: Beat the heat during the “Summer of Caesars” with the Golden Dragon Frrrozen Hot Chocolate, made with white chocolate, dragon fruit, house-made whipped cream, topped with golden pearls and gold flake for $19.66.
- Throwback Anniversary Cocktails at Seahorse Lounge, Lobby Bar and Montecristo Cigar Bar: Taking it back to 1966, select Caesars Palace bars are offering throwback cocktails, such as Mount Gay Mai Tai, Woodford Reserve Manhattan, Purple Haze, Gentlemen Jack Whiskey Sour and the Sidecar.
Two legendary brands are coming together this summer for the launch of the brand new product – 1893 from the makers of Pepsi-Cola – which takes up residency at Caesars Palace. 1893 is betting on an amazing “Summer of Caesars” with surprise pop ups in iconic locations, incredible talent, as well as original cocktails featuring the premium cola. 1893 brings together premium ingredients and more than 100 years of cola-making expertise to present a great-tasting, unexpectedly bold cola blend of the past and present.
Caesars Palace has continuously evolved through the past five decades to become the leader on the Las Vegas Strip. From bringing the biggest names in entertainment including five-time Grammy Award winner Celine Dion to an unmatched collection of celebrity chefs, top sporting and special events, luxury accommodations, premier shopping and the best in gaming action toLas Vegas, Caesars Palace continues to demonstrate its commitment to the next 50 years.
As the resort reflects on its many milestones and memories Caesars Palace continues to reinvent and re-imagine, for more information or to book your room for the celebration, visit caesars.com/CP50. To download HD video and photos of the launch event, click here. Additional 50th anniversary details can also be found in our press room.
World-renowned Las Vegas resort and casino and voted “Best Strip Hotel” in 2015 by the readers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Caesars Palace features 3,980 hotel guest rooms and suites, including the all-new Julius Tower, the 181-room Nobu Hotel Caesars Palace and Forbes Star Award-winning The Laurel Collection by Caesars Palace. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2016, the 85-acre resort offers 25 diverse dining options including the award-winning Bacchanal Buffet, as well as celebrity chef-branded restaurants by Gordon Ramsay, Bobby Flay, Nobu Matsuhisa, Guy Savoy and MR CHOW. The all-new Montecristo Cigar Bar is now open and pairs notable cigar offerings with fine whiskeys, small bites and more. The resort also features nearly 130,000 square feet of casino space, a five-acre Garden of the Gods pool oasis, the luxurious Qua Baths & Spa, COLOR Salon by celebrity hairstylist Michael Boychuck, five wedding chapels and gardens, and the new 75,000-square-foot OMNIA Nightclub with the top DJs such as Calvin Harris, Martin Garrix and Steve Angello. The 4,300-seat Colosseum, Billboard Magazine’s Venue of the Decade, spotlights world-class entertainers including Celine Dion, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Reba, Brooks & Dunn, Mariah Carey and Jerry Seinfeld. The Forum Shops at Caesars showcases more than 160 boutiques and restaurants. For more information, please visit caesarspalace.com. Find Caesars Palace on Facebook and follow on Twitter and Instagram.