California Pizza Kitchen Opens at LAX Terminal 1 Offering Travelers the Ultimate in Culinary Creativity for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Travelers can now enjoy the ultimate in culinary creativity for breakfast, lunch and dinner when flying in or out of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) thanks to the opening of the new California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) at Southwest’s Terminal 1. Open daily from 5 a.m. to the final scheduled flight of the day, the new CPK at LAX offers travelers a wide range of high quality, fresh and innovative menu items, including CPK’s new breakfast menu developed exclusively for LAX, hand-tossed artisan pizzas, premium main plates, items under 650 calories, hand-crafted cocktails and more. In addition to a full-service dining room and full bar featuring CPK’s newly reimagined look, CPK at LAX also offers a quick and convenient to-go counter where guests can grab a fresh and flavorful meal and a cup of Intelligentsia coffee before a flight. Operated in partnership with Areas, a leading provider of food & beverage and retail services in the travel industry, the new CPK at LAX is a continuation of the $508 million overhaul of Terminal 1 spearheaded by Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA), Southwest Airlines and Westfield. When finished, Terminal 1 will feature 24 world-class dining and retail concepts with a bold new terminal design spanning 25,252 feet—nearly double that of the old terminal.
“As a hometown brand born in Los Angeles, we couldn’t be more proud to be a part of the exciting transformation underway at LAX with the opening of our new, full-service restaurant in Southwest’s world-class Terminal 1,” said G.J. Hart, executive chairman and CEO of California Pizza Kitchen. “Host to millions of travelers from around the world each year, it’s the ideal place to showcase our creative, globally inspired dishes, served with a distinctly Californian vibe.
“Local guests and global travelers who pass through LAX have high standards when it comes to cuisine – after all Los Angeles is one of the foodie capitals of the world – so we have created an outstanding menu that offers exclusive items found only at LAX,” Hart continued. “Prepared with high-quality ingredients like locally raised cage-free eggs, seasonal produce and premium proteins like North Atlantic salmon, the offerings at this new location are steps above what you might normally expect to find in an airport setting. We are proud to partner with Areas and Westfield to open the new CPK at LAX Terminal 1 and look forward to welcoming Southwest passengers to relax and dine with us soon.”
“We’re pleased to welcome California Pizza Kitchen to LAX as we reach our next milestone in the modernization of Terminal 1,” said Don Ostler, Southwest Airlines Senior Project Manager. “This next phase continues the enhancement of the dining experience available to our Customers, and we look forward to having CPK’s culinary creations and superb customer service offered right here at LAX Terminal 1.”
“We are excited to partner with California Pizza Kitchen, a restaurant whose globally inspired menu using locally sourced ingredients truly captures the spirit of LA we are helping to convey in T1. It is an integral part of making an amazing passenger experience for our Southwest guests,” said Xavier Rabell, CEO of Areas US.
“The Terminal 1 transformation offers a reimagined airport experience, featuring a hip, modern California feel that taps into Los Angeles and the energy of the Southwest Airlines brand,” said Keith Kaplan, Westfield’s Vice President at LAX. “Along with our partners at LAWA, Southwest and Areas, we’re seeing that transformation take shape every day. The opening of CPK at LAX marks yet another key milestone in the overall transformation.”
CPK at LAX is the latest step in CPK’s “Next Chapter” transformation, which is currently rolling out to the restaurant’s 190+ domestic, company-owned locations as well as 83 global franchised units in airports, stadiums and full-service restaurants overseas. The transformation, which includes a reimagined menu and upscale, yet relaxed new look, celebrates CPK’s 30+ years in business and continues the restaurant’s legacy of introducing inventive food and drink items.
Inspired fare, prepared fresh from scratch every day
Alongside classics like the hand-tossed Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, salads and pastas, highlights of the CPK at LAX menu include:
- Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Pizza*: Cage-free scrambled eggs, spicy chorizo, tortilla strips, black beans, enchilada sauce and Cotija & Cheddar cheese. Topped with fresh avocado, cilantro & scallions.
- Sunny Side Up Bacon + Potato Pizza*: Nueske’s applewood smoked bacon, crispy potatoes, caramelized leeks, Parmesan, Mozzarella and fresh cracked black pepper. Topped with two sunny-side up eggs.
- CPK Classic Breakfast Sandwich*: Choice of a housemade chicken sausage patty or Nueske’s applewood smoked bacon with cage-free eggs omelette style and melted Cheddar on toasted Brioche. Served with crispy breakfast potatoes.
- Beverly Hills Breakfast Sandwich*: Cage-free eggs omelette style, smashed avocado, sliced tomato with fresh basil & arugula on toasted Brioche. Served with crispy breakfast potatoes.
- Crispy Brioche French Toast*: Golden brown cornflake-crusted Brioche topped with seasonal fresh berry compote, vanilla bean yogurt and powdered sugar.
- Wagyu-Brisket Burger: Our signature blend with Wagyu beef and brisket topped with melted American cheese, Nueske’s applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, tomato, pickles, lettuce and our housemade burger sauce.
- Cedar Plank Salmon: North Atlantic salmon roasted on a cedar plank in our hearth oven with smoked paprika and lime. Served with white corn & spinach succotash and topped with Feta.
- Banh Mi Sandwich: The Vietnamese classic with grilled chicken, serranos, cucumbers and a slaw of julienned carrots, bean sprouts, slivered scallions, fresh cilantro & basil. Topped with our housemade chili-lime vinaigrette.
- Charred Shishito Peppers: East Asian shishito peppers pan-sautéed with soy, garlic and red chili.
- Crispy Potatoes: Smashed red potatoes cooked to a golden brown, topped with Parmesan and cilantro. Served with white truffle ketchup and sweet & spicy Sriracha sauce.
*Menu items exclusive to LAX location.
For those with specific dietary needs, CPK also has options that are under 650 calories, vegetarian and/or gluten-free. CPK also provides allergen information to those with food sensitivities. For the complete menu, visit www.cpk.com/menu.
Hand-crafted cocktails, premium wines and craft brews
CPK at LAX offers a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails made with premium spirits, fresh fruits and herbs, such as theUltimate Bloody Mary, made with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Ancho Reyes, Demitri’s Extra Horseradish and tomato juice with a fennel salt rim and topped with spicy pepperoni, Mozzarella, olive & fresh lemon; California Roots, made with fresh avocado, shaken smooth with Svedka vodka, mint and lime, with a fennel salt rim; Blueberry Ginger Smash, with fresh muddled blueberries, lime and cranberry with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and Domaine de Canton Ginger; and more.
Fresh-made sangrias include Orchard Sangria, a refreshing blend of white wine, St. Germain Elderflower, Monin Stone Fruit, orange & cranberry juice and Red-Berry Sangria, with a rich blend of red wine, Rémy VSOP, Monin Blackberry, raspberry purée, cranberry juice and lemonade.
CPK at LAX’s menu also includes premium California wines from Buena Vista, Napa Cellars, Francis Ford Coppola and more. For those seeking something bubbly, CPK offers Le Grand Courtâge Blanc de Blancs Brut and Freixenet sparkling wine.
Featured beers include craft brews from Samuel Adams, Angel City, Goose Island and more.
Modern design showcases CPK’s new look
With a focus on sustainable materials and reclaimed elements, CPK’s new LAX location’s design-forward space creates an upscale and relaxed environment to dine and unwind. The approximately 3,000 sq. foot restaurant space features an open-hearth pizza oven, where guests can watch their pizzas and other items prepared fresh from scratch every day, a full bar with counter seating and a convenient to-go counter. Natural elements like reclaimed wood seating and colorful décor add to the restaurant’s rustic, modern design.
To find your nearest CPK and check the availability of items in your area, please visit http://www.cpk.com.
Follow CPK on Twitter at @calpizzakitchen (#NEWCPK), Instagram at @californiapizzakitchen and like us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/californiapizzakitchen. Download CPK’s Pizza Dough® Rewards app for iTunes and Android and check in to begin earning rewards for dining creatively.
Additional high-res images of CPK at LAX and menu items are available upon request.