The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) and the ASEAN-China Centre (ACC) invites entries for the ASEAN-China Tourism Photo Contest 2016. This competition is being organised in collaboration with China National Travel Magazine (CNT), a cultural travel magazine published monthly by the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
As this year marks the 25th anniversary of ASEAN-China Dialogue Relations and the first full year after the completion of ASEAN Community, the ASEAN-China Tourism Photo Contest 2016 aims to highlight developments in ASEAN-China tourism through the art of photography as well as raise the public’s awareness and understanding of the natural scenery and human landscape of ASEAN countries and of China.
The ASEAN-China Centre (ACC) is the only inter-governmental international organisation co-founded by the governments of ASEAN Member States and China. Since its establishment in November 2011, ACC is dedicated to promoting ASEAN-China functional cooperation in the fields of trade, investment, education, culture and tourism.
Entries will be judged by a committee of prominent photographers from authoritative organisations such as the China Photographers Association and CICPhoto Portal.
- Any professional or amateur photographer from the ASEAN countries and China, regardless of age or gender, may participate
- Entries captured not only by cameras, but by any digital imaging device, including smart devices and camcorders, will be accepted
- China Tourism through ASEAN Lens: Photos representing China tourism shot by ASEAN photographers
- ASEAN Tourism through China Lens: Photos representing ASEAN tourism shot by Chinese photographers
Contest closes on May 16, 2016 (13:00 Beijing Time)
Entries are accepted only via the internet. Complete the application form at http://www.dongnanya.travel(in English or Chinese) and transmit the image via the form provided. Images may also be emailed to[email protected].
Awards and Prizes
Awards for each Group respectively
- 1st prize: RMB 2,000 (1 winner)
- 2nd prize: RMB 1,000, (2 winners)
- 3rd prize: One-year subscription to CNT magazine (15 winners)
- Memorial award: ACC gift
Judging and Announcement of Winners
- Entries that pass the first stage of judging will be exhibited on the http://www.dongnanya.travelwebsite and the LoveASEAN Weibo/Wechat scheduled in May 2016. The winner of each award will be selected from entries that pass this first stage. An awards ceremony and photography exhibition will be held on May 26, 2016 at the ASEAN-China Centre in Beijing
Entry is limited to original works that have not been displayed or exhibited formally and to which the entrant holds all applicable rights.
Although entrants retain the copyright and other equivalent rights to their entries, the organiser retains the rights listed below under ‘Organiser’s Rights’.
The organiser reserves the right to publish entries to its public social networking service accounts throughout the submission period in order to publicise the contest. The organiser reserves the right to publish all entries onto its website and social networking service accounts after the first round of judging. Some entries may be cropped for publication.
With the objective of publicising the contest the organiser reserves in perpetuity the non exclusive right to publish, reproduce, make public, display, print, distribute and screen winning entries on websites and public social networking service accounts, in photo exhibitions and in facilities managed by the organiser, its affiliates, and overseas subsidiaries without further compensation to or the additional prior consent of the entries’ creators.
The organiser will display the names of the winners and the titles of the winning entries on its websites and public social networking service accounts, at photo exhibitions and in other locations where the works are shown.
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/ASEAN-