CaminoWays.com, part of Greenlife Tours Ltd, has launched an annual Greenlife Fund to support international responsible travel projects.
This special fund will support travel projects that promote respect for the environment, encourage sustainable tourism or tackle a particular social issue in a community or region.
This initiative reflects CaminoWays.com’s dedication to responsible travel. Each year, CaminoWays.com organises walking and cycling tours along the beautiful Camino de Santiago, encouraging travellers to pay attention to their natural environment, as well as the local culture and communities.
Roland Monsegu, Director and Owner of CaminoWays.com and Greenlife Tours Ltd, explains, “We are looking for projects that encourage others to travel in a responsible manner, to tackle a particular social issue or to help local communities and the culture of the regions they travel to.
“CaminoWays.com has supported very interesting and inspirational projects in the past couple of years and we want to make it an annual event. We are encouraging groups and individuals with interesting projects to apply for the Greenlife Fund 2016.”
In 2014, CaminoWays.com supported the I’ll Push You Camino project which saw best friends Patrick and wheelchair bound Justin, from the United States, complete the full 800km of the Camino Francés route. This year, they teamed up with Canadian environmental non-profit A Greener Future to support their Great Camino Clean Up, which saw over 6,000 pieces of litter being collected along the Camino in Portugal and Spain.
Anyone with an interest in ecotourism and social responsibility is encouraged to apply for the Greenlife Fund. Each year a winning project will receive up to €1,500 to support its planned activities, as well as marketing, promotional and logistics support. The chosen project will be selected by the Greenlife Tours Ltd team in January 2016.
Applying for the Greenlife Fund 2016:
1. Applications are open to groups or individuals.
2. Projects must be related to the communities or regions related to the Greenlife Tours destinations – the Camino de Santiago routes (caminoways.com), the Wild Atlantic Way (irelandways.com), Via Francigena (francigenaways.com) and so on.
3. Projects must take place in 2016.
4. Projects must fit into one of the following categories: Promoting respect for the environment, inspiring others, educating others about protecting the environment, promoting sustainable and responsible tourism and tackling a particular social and/or human problem affecting a particular community or region.
5. Applications must be made before 31st December 2015.
To apply, go to: Greenlife Fund 2016.