To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Saint Lucia’s acclaimed Jazz & Arts Festival, the stunning Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina is featuring a first-ever celebration of its own. Jazz on the Bay brings a specially curated on-property extended experience to guests, as a complement to the main festival events in the north of the island. Capella’s programming will include acclaimed local jazz musicians, a Saint Lucian inspired art exhibition pop-up, poetry readings courtesy of The Derek Walcott Museum and more. A full lineup and accompanying cocktail and dinner menus can be found on the event landing page: http://www.capellahotels.com/saintlucia/activities/island-events/.
Reservations via www.capellamarigotbay.com or contact resort’s U.S. toll free reservations hotline: 1.877.384.8037 FREE. g place at specially designated locations throughout the resort’s grounds and the Marina Village:
April 29th – May 8th
- Pop-Up Art Exhibit at The Boudreau Room and Terrace: Curated by noted Saint Lucian art gallerist, Rachael Du Boulay, the pop-up at Capella Marigot Bay’s Boudreau Room and Terrace Deck will feature established local artists and emerging talents. Workshops with these local artists will form part of the art pop-up experience, and guests will be able to learn from some of the Caribbean’s finest. Guests must sign-up in advance to participate in these workshops. This event will begin with a wine and canapé party from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm; however the gallery will remain open until 10:00 pm. *Note: May 7th will be a special Manager’s Cocktail Reception
- Jazz on the Bay Prix-Fixe Menu: Guests will also have the opportunity to savor a special Jazz on the Bay three-course prix-fixe menu courtesy of the resort’s Executive Chef, William Boyle, who has worked at some of the finest kitchens in the U.S., including the Jer-ne Restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey and LAVO at The Palazzo in Las Vegas. This special menu will feature seasonal ingredients and rich detail in homage to the arts and music inspired events that Capella is hosting. Highlights of the prix-fixe menu include Oyster Rockefellerin a creamed local spinach topped off with crisp pork bacon; a Caribbean Vegetable Pepper Pot with cracked pepper ground provision and puff pastry; a Butter Poached Mahi Mahi served with toasted cous cous, Kalamata olive and roasted red pepper; and Saint Lucian sweet treats like Bourbon Bread Pudding and chili spiced cocoa ice cream; and Banana Foster Pie with peanut ice cream and vanilla bean caramel sauce. Priced at US $65 per person excluding service charge and taxes.
- Snazzy Jazzy Cocktails Menu: The resort is offering a special list of five cocktails crafted in honor of the beauty of jazz and the arts in Saint Lucia. The list includes cocktails named using common slang from the Jazz era. The Barrel House (white rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice and cranberry juice) denotes one of the earliest forms of jazz; The Ducky (white rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, coconut cream and triple sec) which means “very good”; and The Zozzle (spiced rum, mango mix, ginger syrup, lime juice) which refers to a state of “merriness” are three of the five Jazz influenced cocktails available for $12 during the festival.
- Jazz Performances at Marina Village: Uber-talented Saint Lucian musicians will perform from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm on May 6th at the resort’s Marina Village. Guests can enjoy these performances while savoring the Snazzy Jazzy Cocktails Menu.
- Sunset Toast with Jazz: From 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the resort’s Observation Deck overlooking the tranquil waters of Marigot Bay, guests will enjoy a sunset toast (passed still and sparkling wines and canapes) with the property’s executive team, while viewing a special art exhibition curated by award-winning Saint Lucian gallery owner, Rachael du Boulay. Live entertainment of Caribbean steel pan and smooth vocals will be performed by local favorites as well.
- Smooth Jazz and Smooth Cocktails Mixology Class: This jazz-inspired mixology class will take place at 4:30 pm at the resort’s Rum Cave and Dinghy Dock and will be led by resident veteran bartender, Denis Marius. Learn not only about Saint Lucia’s famous export, rum, and how to distill and infuse your own concoction, but also pick up the art of mixology with Denis and mix your own jazz inspired cocktails. The Rum Cave, an intimate restaurant/bar designed to evoke a Colonial-era spirits cellar, serves up some of the finest regional rums along with breathtaking views of the Capella Marina. Priced at US $45 per person excluding service charge and taxes.
- Poetry Reading courtesy of The Walcott Museum – One of Saint Lucia’s most famous sons, Derek Walcott OBE is a legendary poet, playwright, writer and visual artist who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1992 and the T. S.Eliot Prize in 2011 for White Egrets. As part of the Jazz on the Bay celebrations at Capella, The Walcott Museum, which is currently being restored, is featuring poets who will be doing exclusive readings at the resort for a one (1) hour set including five (5) spoken word performances with musical accompaniment.
- Live entertainment from Rupert Lay and Trio (Guitar, Bass and Drums) will bring smooth sounds to Capella’s gorgeous Rum Cave against a backdrop of mega yachts in Marigot Bay from 8:30 pm – 10:30 pm. This event is open to the public and will be an excellent opportunity to indulge in Capella’s incredible selection of Saint Lucia’s spirit of choice.
- Jazz Brunch at The Grill at 14*61* – From 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, enjoy brunch set against the backdrop of a solo saxophonist while savoring locally inspired dishes, as well as the abovementioned jazz inspired cocktails. Priced at US $45 per person excluding service charge and taxes.
Guests staying during the Jazz on the Bay festivities will also enjoy signature Capella amenities that include complimentary wired or wireless Internet access, complimentary in-room refreshment center stocked with non-alcoholic beverages of their choice, flexible check-in and check-out times, two freshwater infinity pools, a unique welcome amenity, privileges at the Capella Library and a beautifully designed relaxation lounge reserved for hotel guests and their friends.
Four hours of babysitting is offered to all guests with children 12 years of age and under per week. This complimentary babysitting service is available in one session per week. Guests can schedule their babysitting requirements with a Capella Personal Assistant prior to arrival or during their stay.