Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups, today shared highlights from its 2015 Responsible Business Action Month activities around the globe.
Now in its 12th year, 1,100 of the group’s hotels organized more than 1,300 activities, committed more than 37,000 volunteer hours and raised a total of 360,000 USD for the World Childhood Foundation and other local charities.
“In September, we positively touched the lives of 80,000 people around the world,” said Inge Huijbrechts, vice president, Responsible Business. “We believe in corporate responsibility and are committed to assisting the communities in which we serve. I’m proud to see the generous and unique ways our hotels and corporate offices get involved not only during Responsible Business Action Month, but also throughout the year.”
Employees at Carlson Rezidor hotels and corporate offices contributed with activities that aligned with the needs of their communities and brand identities including:
- Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotels in the U.S. organized 100 book drives and collected books for families in need in partnership with Read Indeed, a Minnesota-based literacy organization founded in 2008 by 8-year-old, Maria Keller. Read Indeed has distributed more than 1.65 million books to date.
- Radisson Blu® hotels in Europe, Middle East and Africa celebrated the launch of the new Super Breakfast by serving 2,000 breakfasts to children in need. The brand’s ‘Buy a breakfast, give a breakfast’ campaign also helped raise money for local children’s charities and the World Childhood Foundation.
- Park Inn® by Radisson celebrated the launch of its new Responsible Business program ‘Adding Colour to Lives’ dedicated to helping at-risk youth. The brand partnered with world-famous mural artist Joel Bergner to collectively design and paint murals with at-risk youth in Brussels, Belgium; London, U.K.; Cape Town, South Africa; Malmö, Sweden; and Cologne, Germany.
- In India, Radisson®, Radisson Blu, Park Plaza® and Country Inns & Suites hotels actively supported Prime Minister Modi’s Clean India Movement with clean-up drives of their adopted streets.
- Across the rest of the Asia Pacific region, hotels supported their community with a myriad of activities including blood donation drives, community service as well as visits to children’s homes and homes for the elderly. Health and medical checks were also organized to support and help physically and sexually abused female children.
- “The Box Appeal” charity drive by Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson Hotels in the Middle East included hotels in six countries who distributed 20,000 boxes filled with necessities to laborers and people in need.
- 191 employees at the company’s world headquarters in Minneapolis, Minn. participated in their fourth annual Habitat for Humanity project, serving 1,146 volunteer hours.
Responsible Business Action Month is a core activity of the overall Responsible Business program of Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. It guides company interactions with its stakeholders, including employees, customers, partners, suppliers, the environment, governments, and the communities in which it operates. For more details about the company’s Responsible Business strategy, please visithttp://carlsonrezidor.com/responsible-business