Carmichael’s Restaurant will next month launch their brand new menus for the 2016 season, providing guests to the iconic Kings Canyon Resort with the opportunity to sample some of the best native produce the Northern Territory has to offer.
Opening for both breakfast and dinner from May 1 through until October 31 2016, Carmichael’s will provide a breakfast buffet from 6am – 9am, with dinner service to commence from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Of the four new menus, two will cater to group and individual diners in Carmichael’s Restaurant, with an additional menu dedicated to the Outback BBQ experience, an intimate event hosting just 16 guests under the Red Centre’s glittering stanzas each evening.
Notable dishes include:
- Australian Tasting Plate – complete with rare seared kangaroo, emu terrine with rosella emulsion and glazed crocodile with bush kimchi
- Whole Grilled Fish – a Northern Territory fist of the day paired with sweet potato chips, grape radish and rocket salad and a homemade tartare sauce
- Pavlova – topped with rosella flower coulis, fresh NT fruit and vanilla Chantilly
- Baked Chocolate Tart – topped with grilled strawberries in native pepper, coulis and double cream
- Australian Cheese and Fruit Platter – served with crackers, pepperberry and oatmeal digestives, spiced pear paste and a selection of nuts and dried fish
Jeff Dancer, General Manager of Kings Canyon Resort is excited for visitors to sample to new menus, which offer a number of impressive dishes across three courses.
“We’re always excited to see what the Chefs come up with each year and we’re confident visitors won’t be disappointed with what is on offer in 2016,” said Mr Dancer.
“Carmichael’s continue to use the freshest local produce available and have pulled together a fantastic food offering to perfectly compliment our unique location in the Australian outback.”