Guests can now enjoy decadent Concierge Class exclusive luncheons, delicious menus, and much more when they sail with Celebrity Cruises.
In the past 18 months the cruise line, known for its modern luxury, has premiered a variety of culinary adventures and expanded its restaurant portfolio.
“From globally inspired recipes, locally sourced ingredients and freshly prepared cuisine, we want to instil even more finesse in everything we do and throughout our entire fleet. Our newest offerings are all part of crafting an unrivalled experience that only Celebrity can provide,” said Cornelius Gallagher, AVP, Food and Beverage Operations, Celebrity Cruises.
The new offerings include:
Onboard Culinary Experiences:
- Celebrity’s Concierge Class staterooms have been redesigned to pamper travellers with a personal Concierge, five-star amenities, and an exclusive, Concierge Class Luncheon at the start of each sailing, showcasing expertly-crafted menus by Celebrity’s own Michelin-starred chef, Cornelius Gallagher. Concierge Class guests will also receive other luxuries including sparkling wine upon arrival, complimentary Daily Delectable Delights delivered every afternoon, preferred pillows from Celebrity’s extensive pillow menu and plush robes, towels and slippers.
- As part of Celebrity’s “Deliver the Destination” programme, travellers sailing to Alaska can now enjoy fresh, locally sourced and succulent Alaska King Crab at the Mast Grill daily. Pairing options include Alaskan brewed ale such as Alaska Brewing IPA, Pale Ale, Amber Ale and White Ale.
- Travellers can take part in chef-led culinary excursions – Chef’s Market Discoveries, offered in more than 40 regions across the world, to experience the local fare on land and feast on culturally inspired dishes on-board.
Expanded Restaurant Portfolio:
- Celebrity’s Italian-inspired ristorante and enoteca, Tuscan Grille, currently onboard the Solstice Class and Millennium Class ships, showcases a new menu crafted by Chef Gallagher, Celebrity’s Michelin-starred culinary lead. The menu features 100% homemade pasta, artisanal salumi and cheeses, USDA prime dry-aged steaks, as well as Celebrity’s own spin on Italian regional favourites. The new Tuscan Grille will be rolled out to Celebrity’s entire fleet ahead of the 2016 New Zealand cruise season.
- An energetic, vibrant lounge onboard Solstice ships, the Sky Observation Lounge now offers new hand-crafted cocktails prepared by a flair mixologist who has been professionally trained by the world’s best Flair Bartender, Christian Delpech
And, what’s still to come:
- From November 2016, Celebrity will be the first cruise line in the industry to introduce Dine Aware, the only standard for the food and beverage industry that focuses on food allergy and intolerance communication and experiences. Guests with special dietary needs will be able to dine confident with Dine Aware
- Celebrity proves no detail is too small with the soon-to-be-offered Ripple Maker, which prints personalizedimages and photos on cappuccinos and lattes, bringing joy to every cup
- By the end of 2016, Celebrity Cruises will take customization fleet-wide with its BlendtiqueTM wine blending classes, allowing guests to become a vintner for the day, creating one-of-a-kind wine blends that can be bottled onboard and wrapped with personalized wine labels. Guests will be able to mail order their custom blended wine to their friends and family on land.
- Riedel Glassware, created with over 260 years of expertise in redefining modern glassware, will be Celebrity’s exclusive glassware featured in the main dining rooms fleet wide by the end of 2016
The excitement doesn’t stop there; guests can continue to enjoy the new Rooftop Terrace while savouring sumptuous cuisine inspired by classic films at A Taste of Film, or experience a first-hand lesson in proper grilling techniques from top Grill Masters at the Lawn Club Grill. For the romantic in everyone, the guest favourite Murano offers modern interpretations of classic French cuisine and a unique Five Senses Menu, which features six courses presented in a tasting menu, perfectly paired with world-class wine, designed to stimulate the senses.
Suite Class and Aqua Class guests can enjoy distinct private restaurants of their own. Suite Class offers exclusive access to unrivalled globally inspired modern, eclectic fare at Luminae, the highest-rated restaurant across the fleet, while Aqua Class guests can dive in to the clean, crisp flavours and contemporary cuisine at Blu.
Celebrity also boasts one of the largest wine collections at sea hosting over 300 prestigious labels, with the main dining room wine lists claiming 39 Awards of Excellence from the Wine Spectator Restaurant Wine List Awards over the last four years.
For more details on the newest culinary offerings, visit celebritycruises.com.au.