Cockatoo Island Offers “Early Bird Booking” Stay Discounts for the 20th Biennale of Sydney, 18 March – 5 June 2016
Cockatoo Island is offering discounts on its glamping packages, camping packages and camping sites to all Biennale visitors so you can sleep over on the island and make the most of your 20th Biennale of Sydney (#20BOS) experience.
The 20th Biennale of Sydney, inspired by a quote from sci-fi writer William Gibson, is titled ‘The future is already here – it’s just not evenly distributed’. This edition of the Biennale will be presented at seven main venues conceived as “embassies of thought”.
Cockatoo Island will host the Embassy of the Real, with the former convict settlement and shipyard offering a space for artists to explore how we perceive reality in our increasingly digitised era. Artists will consider the spaces between the virtual and physical, as well as the physicality of the human body, with major works by Korakrit Arunanondchai, William Forsythe, Camille Henrot, Lee Bul, Chiharu Shiota, Ming Wong, and Xu Zhen (Produced by MadeIn Company).
Special pop-up food and drink outlets will add to the vibe of #20BOS, and you can also explore the island’s fascinating convict, industrial and maritime history.
Be a Biennale Early Bird and Save
#20BOS stay deal (for stays 18 March –5 June) *
- Make your #20BOS booking before 31 December 2015 and get 20% off – use the promo code *DSYDART20
- Make your #20BOS booking between 1 January-29 February 2016 and get 15% off – use the promo code *DSYDART15
- Make your #20BOS booking between 1-18 March 2016 and get 10% off – use the promo code *DSYDART10
IN ADDITION TO THE BIENNALE ACTION, STAY OVER AND ENJOY THE BEST OF COCKATOO ISLAND
- Warm yourself up in the evening around the Cockatoo Island Campground campfire
- Learn about Cockatoo Island’s ex-workers in the Shipyard Stories exhibition in historic Biloela House
- Relax at The Island Bar made of recycled shipping containers and perched on the edge of Sydney
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch at Societe Overboard Cafe or the Cockatoo Island Marine Centre
- Hire a boat from Marine Centre and explore magnificent Sydney Harbour
- Explore and learn about the island’s history with a fun and free kids activity guide
- Discover Cockatoo Island’s past with an Audio Tour
- Explore the island at your own pace on a self-guided journey
- Visit the Restoration Workshop to watch our volunteers bring the island’s historic machinery back
to life (Mon-Wed)
- Play tennis or basketball overlooking Sydney Harbour
*Terms and Conditions: Valid for bookings and stays between 26 November 2015 and 18 March 2016.
- Valid for online bookings only.
- Two-bedroom glamping: the offer is valid from 1 May-5 June 2016, subject to availability, and excludes event days and public holidays.
- Glamping and mini-glamping: the offer is valid from 26 November 2015 – 18 March 2016, subject to availability, and excludes event days, public holidays (including Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday) and school holidays.
- Camping packages: the offer is valid from 26 November 2015 – 18 March 2016, subject to availability, and excludes event days and public holidays (including Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday).
- Camping sites: the offer is valid from 26 November 2015 – 18 March 2016, subject to availability.
- Standard Cockatoo Island accommodation terms and conditions apply.