Tourism Tropical North Queensland (TTNQ) Chief Executive Officer Alex de Waal said the conference’s 16 speakers had been finalised and would set a compelling agenda aimed at developing business excellence.
“We have just signed the last four speakers with two from Grant Thornton, one of the world’s largest professional services network of independent accounting and consulting member firms,” he said.
“Global leader for the hospitality and tourism industry and head of advisory services for Grant Thornton South Africa, Gillian Saunders, will be a panel member.
“Gillian provides tourism and business strategies, feasibility studies, economic impact assessments, destination marketing plans and valuations to a wide range of clients.
“Partner for Grant Thornton Australia’s Technology Advisory and Solutions offering, Alex Gelman, is the financial innovation presenter with over a decade of successful entrepreneurship in business technology.
“Focusing on the essential role of innovative solutions for corporate financial management, Alex will provide insight into financial data analysis to provide a “windscreen” rather than a “rear vision mirror” understanding of your business and marketplace.
“Telstra’s Director of Capability and Innovation Micheal Ossipoff joins our concurrent session speakers to discuss great examples of marketing innovation which use technology as an integral element of business and marketing strategy.
“Marketing innovation will be discussed by SourceBottle founder Rebecca Derrington, an entrepreneur who created a leading global media resource to connect tens of thousands of public relations professionals, business people, journalists and bloggers.
“Rebecca will share many practical insights, including how you can gain great publicity on a shoestring budget as well as how to leverage digital influencers.”
The full line-up is:
- Conference facilitator – media personality James O’Loghlin
- Opening keynote – social commentator Bernard Salt
- Closing keynote – Dr Karl Kruszelnicki
Business Panel Speakers
- Harvey Lister, Chairman and Chief Executive of AEG Ogden
- Gillian Saunders, Global leader for the hospitality and tourism industry and head of advisory services for Grant Thornton South Africa
- Ken Chapman, CEO of Skyrail-ITM and a director of the Chapman Group
- Keith De Lacy, former Queensland Treasurer and business identity
Concurrent Session Speakers
- Digital innovation for the digital savvy – Donna Moritz, founder of Socially Sorted
- Digital innovation for beginners – Sean Blocksidge from The Margaret River Discovery Co
- Distributor innovation – Simon McGrath, Accor Pacific Chief Operating Officer
- Leadership & Management innovation – Shelley Wild, Unique People Pty Ltd Managing Director
- Product Development innovation – Ian Balme, from Forgotten World Adventures New Zealand
- Financial Management innovation – Alex Gelman, Partner for Grant Thornton Australia’s Technology Advisory and Solutions offering
- Marketing innovation – Rebecca Derrington, SourceBottle founder
- Technology, Marketing and Strategy innovation – Micheal Ossipoff, Director of Capability and Innovation at Telstra
Following the News Corp Australia Tourism innovation Conference speakers and delegates can network at the Intrust Super Tourism Industry Excellence Cocktail Event.