Home » Business News » Currently Reading:

Crisis Management Specialist Condemns Port Arthur Massacre Revelations – As Unethical, Unprofessional, Insensitive and Dangerous

March 8, 2016 Business News 1 Comment Print Print Email Email


The crisis management specialist, involved in the aftermath of the 1996 Port Arthur Massacre, Roger Henning, has strongly condemned   revelations made on TV, by Martin Bryant’s solicitor and psychologist!

“Actual footage of Martin Bryant hunting down his 35 victims, aired on the Seven Network’s Sunday program last night, (6 March16) was insensitive, inappropriate and dangerous’

“In my view, it was also un-Australian, unethical, and a huge error of judgment”, said Roger, now Director of Homeland Security Asia/Pacific.

“We did everything possible to minimise exposure of the horror, to protect the emotional wellbeing of all Australians”

Roger was flown into Port Arthur, by long-time friend and former Fleet Street colleague, then Tasmanian Premier, Tony Rundle, before Bryant was apprehended.

“In tandem with then Deputy Commissioner of Tasmania Police, Richard McCreadie, my first priorities were to assess the situation, keep Bryant alive and ensure the extent of the carnage was contained.

“This was achieved by managing the huge media scrum, keeping them all well informed and providing bus access, to the crime scene, after it had been sanitised.

“The ease with which Bryant slaughtered innocent people, will cause untold grief to families of victims, the injured and first responders including police, ambulance officers and surviving Port Arthur staff!

“This grubby exposure could be the catalyst to trigger would-be copycats into trying to beat Australia’s massacre record and encourage ‘lone wolf’ Australian terrorists to undertake a mass-casualty attack.

“The Rudd, Gillard, Rudd and Abbott Governments all failed to address the gun epidemic, which flourished under each of their terms, PM.

“No Australian Prime Minister, has taken gun control seriously since, the Howard Government’s, 1996 gun buy back and amnesty, which removed truckloads of weapons.

“Registered weapons are now nudging the million mark, in Australia. Illegal weapons are estimated to top 500,000 and continue to flood into the country. There have been more than 200 gun-related deaths every year in Australia, since the 1996 Port Arthur massacre. The total death toll is expected to reach close to 5000 by the end of this year.

“Australian police are unfairly handicapped by State and Territory leaders’ failure to implement their 2007 COAG agreement, to disrupt criminal and terrorist access to unlimited supplies of ammunition.

“Management of the CBRNE supply chain, including ammunition and chemicals used in bomb making, is the responsibility of State Premiers and Territory Chief Ministers – not the Federal Government.


 “The world’s #1 Counter Insurgency and CT expert, former Australian Army strategist in Iraq, David Kilcullen, who has been an adviser to President Obama’s Government and the CIA, has issued dire warnings.

“As recently as last month, Mr Kilcullen restated on the ABC’s Q&A, he believes a major terrorist attack in Australia, is a 100 per cent certainty.

“Sydney’s fatal Martin Place siege and the terrorist slaughter of a NSW Police civilian employee, both proved attacks do not require the use of assault weapons to be successful’, Roger added.

Currently there is "1 comment" on this Article:

  1. Marley Butler says:

    But Martin Bryant had an IQ of an 11 yr old – had poor motor skills and could shoot with such accuracy firing from the right hip. Bryant was left handed. None of the witnesses identified Bryant

Comment on this Article:

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Platinium Partnership


Elite Partnership Sponsors


Premier Partnership Sponsors


Official Media Event Partner


Global Travel media endorses the following travel publication